Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-07-2015, 10:04 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Have you tried posting a complaint on their user forums? This is a very old thread, but sometimes you can still get useful information (corporate office numbers, names/contact info for social media support people -- there is one in the thread but he may be gone by now).

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General...er/td-p/371205

I used this approach when I had a problem with Comcast -- found contact info for their central office and sent a strongly worded email. Corporate called me back the next day, and followed up twice later on to make sure my issue was resolved.

Posting on the Facebook page or on Twitter, as others have suggested, also sometimes works.

Or you can try contacting your local news channel if they have a consumer affairs reporter or ombudsman. Sometimes they will help you work through things like this.

I recently bought at Yoga 3 Pro. I'm scared now! I've always loved my Thinkpads, and they lasted years (last one purchased in 2006 and used until recently). I hope my new Yoga doesn't turn out to be a dud....
lhamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnzw_rui View Post
To be honest, the only computer manufacturer I know of that provides decent warranty support is Apple.
I have a Falcon Northwest Desktop as do my husband and they all their customer service in house in Oregon and it is fantastic. I had a serious problem with my desktop and they spent multiple hours helping me with it. They don't have in home service (since they do it all in house) but I was happy when I did the send the computer in. DH has had great customer service from them as well. They are absolutely the best company I've ever dealt with for computer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Interesting. DW and I have had nothing but IBM/Lenovo for the last 15+ years and have ever had a problem.
We have had two other Lenovos with in home service and never had a problem at all. That is one reason this has been such a shock. It isn't so much the Lenovo employee telling me that the computer had been dropped and it wasn't covered under warranty. I suspect he is a technical person and knew nothing about my warranty and just made a mistake.

The thing that dumbfounds me is the problem was escalated to community management 3 weeks ago and I was assured they absolutely would call with 3 days and I've had no call. When they didn't call, that didn't even bother me that much. Mistakes happen.

The utter shock was calling back repeatedly and being told that Technical Support can't help me because it was escalated to community management and they have no way to actually directly communicate with them and they can't do anything except keep requesting they call me....

I've started writing my BBB complaint since from the BBB website it appears that they usually do respond to them.
Katsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeow View Post
I have a Falcon Northwest Desktop as do my husband and they all their customer service in house in Oregon and it is fantastic. I had a serious problem with my desktop and they spent multiple hours helping me with it. They don't have in home service (since they do it all in house) but I was happy when I did the send the computer in. DH has had great customer service from them as well. They are absolutely the best company I've ever dealt with for computer service.
Ah yes, Falcon Northwest. Was thinking more along the lines of the big box manufacturers (HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc) when I made that comment. The boutique brands are on another level, of course.
hnzw_rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnzw_rui View Post
To be honest, the only computer manufacturer I know of that provides decent warranty support is Apple.
Maybe they do provide decent warranty support, but God forbid they disable your Apple ID on the App Store. I've never seen such an opaque and unfriendly process in all my years. And I've dealt with some of the masters of bad customer service - Verizon, Comcast, Mediacom, Bank of America...

No explanation in the error message, no link to a solution, no response to the thousands of forum and communities posts, nothing. And it's still not resolved, nearly two weeks later. Although I'm still hoping.