Lessons appear as needed

heyyou

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone noticed that lessons seem to appear as needed?  When I was greedy, I found limited partnerships that went broke, losing 100% of principal, so I learned to accept low stock market returns.  When I was greedy and undiversified (but indexed) with 100% in the S&P500, I learned hard lessons about not having another asset class for rebalancing.  When I wondered about asset allocation, I found VG Diehards, Bernstein, Roger C. Gibson, etc.  I got near retirement, wondering about WD rates, then found Trinity, Bengin, Fire-calc, etc.  I wondered about inflation protection for a fixed pension then Scott Burns mentions TIPS and  commodities which lead to Swedroe, raddr, and discussions about PCRIX, etc.
There is a pattern here.  This happens too often to be coincidence.  Does anyone else feel they are attending this same school where the lessons always fit just right, but you don't always know it at the time?
Joe

Has anyone noticed that lessons seem to appear as needed? When I was greedy, I found limited partnerships that went broke, losing 100% of principal, so I learned to accept low stock market returns. When I was greedy and undiversified (but indexed) with 100% in the S&P500, I learned hard lessons about not having another asset class for rebalancing. When I wondered about asset allocation, I found VG Diehards, Bernstein, Roger C. Gibson, etc. I got near retirement, wondering about WD rates, then found Trinity, Bengin, Fire-calc, etc. I wondered about inflation protection for a fixed pension then Scott Burns mentions TIPS and commodities which lead to Swedroe, raddr, and discussions about PCRIX, etc.
There is a pattern here. This happens too often to be coincidence. Does anyone else feel they are attending this same school where the lessons always fit just right, but you don't always know it at the time?
Joe

When the student is ready the master will appear.

Darn, you're reading my mind.

Our kid hates that quote...

Funny...my mom used to tell me the same thing. It's so true that I'll be sure to pass it on to my son when he gets older.

Back
Top Bottom