Liability insurance for renting out an RV pad

outtarentals

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone have any information about liability insurance when renting out an RV pad on your property where you live to someone with their own RV? Would this be different from renting a room in your house as far as liability insurance is concerned? ( I believe roommates are covered under the home liability insurance policy). The pad could either be rented as a straight rental situation, or possibly some sort of barter for caretaking/gardening duties. :confused:

Thanks for any information!

I think it depends on what the policy says. We own and live in a building that has 3 apartments and a large owner's unit. We were not able to buy a standard homeowner's policy as it did not provide proper liability coverage.

Ask your agent and if the agent says you are covered, have the agent point out the language in the policy that shows you are covered. Our agent had told us we were covered but I read the policy and disagreed, resulting in us buying a different policy from a different insurer.

Thank you Martha! We are almost afraid to ask our agent - we've heard horror stories about problems with insurance policies if you even ask a question! We've never filed a claim, and our agent told us that insurance was to be used only in the case of a catastropic claim - otherwise it will probably cause rates to be raised, or worse, insurance to be denied.

Back
Top Bottom