Join Early Retirement Today

Lieberman on Iraq
Old 05-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Lieberman on Iraq

Finally, a democrat I AGREE with:

Senator Joe Lieberman: News Release
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #2

he's not a democrat, he's a weenie...and there are weenies on both sides of the aisle!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

He's my kind of wiener. I've admired his willingness to cross party lines on principle and regardless of the consequences to his standing within the party. If he had run for President rather than Gore, I would have voted Democrat that election, even with Gore on the ticket.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed View Post
he's not a democrat, he's a weenie...and there are weenies on both sides of the aisle!
This guy has taken a position totally at odds with his party and the media and endures all the flak that entails. Now I see some highly analytical criticism (He's a weenie) .

Might it occur to anyone that he doesn't have a single thing to gain from this. You disagree with his position without being able to show he is wrong, so you just attack him personally.

Personally, I have found it extremely difficult to understand enough about what is going on in the War on Terror to have much faith in anyone. I don't believe the media. I don't believe the Democrats. I don't believe the Republicans. I don't believe the Administration. But I find Lieberman credible.

I'd call him more of a hero.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss View Post
This guy has taken a position totally at odds with his party and the media and endures all the flak that entails. Now I see some highly analytical criticism (He's a weenie) .

I'd call him more of a hero.
sorry if you don't enjoy my analysis...

he defines weenie for me in politician terms. he always seems to be aligning himself with either whoever will accept him or whoever will give him more power - typical of politicians, but he demonstrates even more - i don't think he is a person with that strongly held convictions.

i don't dislike him because he takes positions at odds with his party - i wish more politicians would be more independent - but the reasons why he does it often seem politically motivated. like when democrats were in the dog house, it was advantageous for him to align with the power holding republicans. then, when the dems were calling shots, he declined because of his previous antics. and he's not a particularly effective leader. i wouldn't be surprised to see him speak at the next rnc...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

"he always seems to be aligning himself with either whoever will accept him or whoever will give him more power - typical of politicians, but he demonstrates even more - i don't think he is a person with that strongly held convictions."

Like.... now that everyone is in favor of the war... he is too?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #7

no, i think it just means he's slow to catch on...and has nothing to gain personally because the dems won't take him back.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed View Post
i wouldn't be surprised to see him speak at the next rnc...
That should be the least of your worries. What if he caucuses with the Republicans giving them back control of the Senate?
FIRE'd@51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #9

doesn't seem that far fetched!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

The Democrats would take away his chairmanship if they did not need him to claim a majority in the senate. I think his support for Israel is behind a lot of his pro-war stance.
Freein05 is offline   Reply With Quote