Life Expectancy

Never trust a website unless it's your mother's

That calculator requires a month/day/year birthdate, an email address, and a statement that you accept their privacy policy.

I put in a fake birth date, but I'm not going to give them my real email.

I'm with you.

It is disingenuous to wait until the last page before they reveal that to get your results you must give them identifying data. That alone is reason enough to withhold it.

I'm with you.

It is disingenuous to wait until the last page before they reveal that to get your results you must give them identifying data. That alone is reason enough to withhold it.

Actually, you don't have to tell them anything.

I used that site and for my email I put in qwer@tyui.net and equally fictitious other data. No problem, I just kept clicking and got my results. They must have many thousands of similar entries and don't care.

Here is what the bible says.

Psalm 90:10
The days of our years are threescore years and ten.
That’s what my father always said, and he lived to be fourscore. He dug a big patch of English ivy out of our yard when he was 74.

Too busy right now to worry about it

Actually, you don't have to tell them anything.

I used that site and for my email I put in qwer@tyui.net and equally fictitious other data. No problem, I just kept clicking and got my results. They must have many thousands of similar entries and don't care.

This is true and I had thought of making up an email address, but I've had occasions where the website checked to see if it was real before proceeding. It just seemed like more trouble than it was worth. So I closed the tab and returned here to read more interesting stuff.

What I need to do is create a real account for all the times when someone I never want to hear from again asks me for my email. Then all I need do is go there once a month or so and delete everything. Meh, maybe later.

Back
Top Bottom