Life, the universe, and everything

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just another place to post random thoughts, music or other musings. Here’s a vid from the late great Johnny Cash.

YouTube - Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down

Those featured include:
  • Iggy Pop
  • Kanye West
  • Chris Martin
  • Kris Kristofferson
  • Patti Smith
  • Terrence Howard
  • Flea
  • Q-Tip
  • Adam Levine
  • Chris Rock
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Kate Moss
  • Sir Peter Blake
  • Sheryl Crow
  • Dennis Hopper
  • Woody Harrelson
  • Amy Lee
  • Tommy Lee
  • The Dixie Chicks
  • Mick Jones
  • Sharon Stone
  • Bono
  • Shelby Lynne
  • Anthony Kiedis
  • Travis Barker
  • Lisa Marie Presley
  • Kid Rock
  • Jay-Z
  • Keith Richards
  • Billy Gibbons
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • Johnny Depp
  • Graham Nash (holding photos of Johnny Cash)
  • Brian Wilson
  • Whoopi Goldberg (brief flash)
  • Rick Rubin
  • Owen Wilson
Johnny had some interesting friends.

Speaking of the universe, have you ever watch the movie " Across the Universe " ?
Its based on the Beatles music.
I thought it was really good. I could relate to it since I am a big Beatles fan.
Steve

For those of us who lean towards the agnostic side of things, there's an idea that might be called "Karmic Social Security" (and which may have nothing to do with karma or Social Security). But anyway, the idea is to do a little good regularly now while you can, just like you paid into Social Security in every paycheck while working. Then it could come back to you in old age, when you need a little help.

Or not. But somehow it seems like a good possibility and one that I've been thinking a lot about lately. :angel:.

For those of us who lean towards the agnostic side of things, there's an idea that might be called "Karmic Social Security" (and which may have nothing to do with karma or Social Security). But anyway, the idea is to do a little good regularly now while you can, just like you paid into Social Security in every paycheck while working. Then it could come back to you in old age, when you need a little help.

Or not. But somehow it seems like a good possibility and one that I've been thinking a lot about lately. :angel:.

I agree with this W2R. Everyone can do a little something to make the world a better place. You don't have to devote your whole life to charity. Just do something nice once in a while. It all adds up.

One thing I've been thinking about is donating blood. Khan inspired me. Just takes a little time and doesn't cost anything.

Assuming there's no afterlife, or supernatural being waiting to reward/punish us, life is what we make of it. To some, this means [-]screwing[/-] taking advantage of every opportunity to get ahead of the "other guy", since there are no repercussions. To others, this means caring for other beings, whether human or not, and caring for the environment, and leaving "only footprints" and taking "only pictures".

I choose the latter...

Speaking of the universe, have you ever watch the movie " Across the Universe " ?
Its based on the Beatles music.
I thought it was really good. I could relate to it since I am a big Beatles fan.
Steve

A friend at work recommended it to me so I checked it out and watched it - pretty good (and clever) I thought.

Further proof that Johnny Cash is one of the best singers/songwriters ever..........:)

I do benefits for all religions. ... I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality.

Bob Hope

Heh, I might have missed it, don't recall him doing one for the Buddhists, or the Hindus.

I still hold him in high regard.

“Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"”

- Annie Dillard

Back
Top Bottom