Live eagle cam - eaglets hatching in DC!

A different bird you might also enjoy.

Peregrine falcons have been successfully nesting on a ledge 15 stories up in downtown Harrisburg PA since 2000. The nest is on the Rachel Carson Building (Remember "Silent Spring"?). Their current clutch has 4 eggs. Expect hatching in about 4 weeks.

They are still on the endangered species list in PA.

PA Falcon Camera

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Thanks. I could get used to this kind of bird watching in the comfort of my own chair and not fighting the elements :).

An update on the Decorah Eagles website, that I've been watching for the past 5 or 6 years. The two babies have grown so fast, that they seem to double in size in as little as a week.

Decorah Eagles, Ustream.TV: 2016 Nesting Record Egg #1: 2/18/16 @ 8:28 PM Egg #2: 2/21/16 @ 7:46 PM Egg #3: 2/25/16 @ 6:59 PM D24 Hatch: 03/29/16. First lo...

The Decorah Iowa Eagle Nests are located in a very beautiful area of Iowa. I believe you won't be disappointed if you visit the Decorah Fish Hatchery website... the overall general area where the Eagles get their food, and visitors come to enjoy a day in the country. Many pictures.

http://raptorresource.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gbv1am8r5mkoab094d8sihtg47&topic=768.0

If you haven't seen it lately check out the now-huge dc eaglets. It has been so fun to watch them grow. Not sure when they will fledge but it can't be long now. When a parent perches on the nest they all look very uncomfortable together. The eaglets mainly eat and sleep and lounge around--just like teenagers.

If you haven't seen it lately check out the now-huge dc eaglets. It has been so fun to watch them grow. Not sure when they will fledge but it can't be long now. When a parent perches on the nest they all look very uncomfortable together. The eaglets mainly eat and sleep and lounge around--just like teenagers.

LOL! They did indeed get big fast!

These two look like they are pretty near ready to fly, so big. Haven't seen much of Mom or Dad lately, just the two sleeping babies.

Does anyone know when the dc eagles are expected to fledge? It must be any time now. They are so big and look so uncomfortable--like they really really want to fly the coop but just can't muster the courage yet.
Washington DC Live Bald Eagle Cam

They fledge at 10 to 14 weeks of age. These eaglets hatched around March 20.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Wow, a few more weeks. They sure look ready to go now. Thanks Miss Molly.

The first one flew the coop today! Remaining chick looks lonely and confused. After months of being crowded he/she must be wondering "where is everyone?"

Yes they are on the same trajectory, aren't they? The sound adds so much to the cam experience; it is too bad that there's been none for the DC eagles.

I can't get the link to open for me anymore; anyone else having that problem?

Now, both Decorah eaglets have branched. The website has refocused the camera away from the nest, to show a place where the eagles are flying by, landing, then taking off again. Pilot training. Mom and dad also flying by and keeping an eye on the flight lessons.
http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Probably just for a day or two... The coming out party. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom