Living in Baltimore?

MovingtotheCove

Recycles dryer sheets
Our daughter has accpeted a 2 year teaching assignment in Baltimore with Teach for America starting next fall. They have suggested 2 restored apartment buildings....The Union Mill in Hampden and Miller's Court in Charles Village. Can anyone tell us about either of these apartment specifically or in general something about these 2 neighborhoods? She doesn't know what school yet she will be teaching at but will also pursue an MA at Johns Hopkins during this time. Thanks for any input about these or other housing options in Baltimore or the Baltimore schools also.

One place start not commonly thought of is the local police station. They are very much in tune as to what's going on in a given area.

A good question to ask is "Would you live there?"

When I was considering buying the home I eventually bought I asked three officers about the street. I had to tell two of them what streets it was near, and being in law enforcement at the time I knew that was a good sign - it means nothing ever happens there.

I grew up in the metro area, but lived in Hampden. Ms G and I both went to JHU. This was 30 years ago both areas are nice CV is mostly students, Hampden is a gentrified working class neighborhood. If I had to decide CV would be my 1st choice. Hampden does has Alonso's

Alonso's - North Baltimore - Baltimore | Urbanspoon

Best Neighborhood bar around.

I would advise that you look into the Camden area also. My wife used to live there and loved it. It is near the harbor and there are lots of fun places to eat and drink in walking distance.

Back
Top Bottom