Looking back at 2017

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
This is the time of year when you see a bunch of stories about the year in review - from the top news stories to the worst movies of the year. I find most of these articles fluff, an easy article to fill the news quota during the holidays. But this year I ran across one I've not seen before: The fastest speeding tickets in Texas in 2017

Spoiler: The top ticketed speed was a Honda motorcycle at 181 MPH in a 75 MPH zone. Six of the top 10 tickets went to motorcycles.

The fastest speeding ticket of 2017 has an alleged speed of 181 mph, which doesn't come near to the 2016 fastest clocked speed at 206 mph.
Kids these days! They don't even know what speeding IS, compared with the old days.... :D I think teenaged speeders went much faster back in the 1960's. Though, perhaps my recollection is a bit vague.

Edited to add: I found this in another article.
the fastest speeding ticket in the United States, [...] allegedly occurred in May 2003 in Texas. It was supposedly 242 mph (389 km/h) in a 75-mph zone.

Last edited:
I got caught doing 100+ in a 30 mph zone, with a friend. The cop pulled us over to see what kind of a$$hoes we were. No ticket, he was nice and laughed, try that today.

Back
Top Bottom