Looking for a reliable corded electric mower, leery about some reviews

petestan

Dryer sheet aficionado
I am looking for a good quality corded electric lawn mower and am leery of reviews I see on Amazon and have more faith from this forum. I was thinking of the following models, or if anyone could suggest others, that would be great. I don't mind using a cord and would need about a 50ft extension cord.

Kobalt KM 211-06 13 AMP 21 inch, Greenworks MO13B00 13 AMP 21 inch, Ryobi RYAC160 13 AMP 16 inch, Sun Joe MJ403E 13 AMP 17 inch and Black & Decker MM2000 13 AMP 20 inch. I would appreciate any feedback on these or other reliable models.

Thank you.

I'm on my 2nd corded electric in the past 19 years. The first was a black and decker. It lasted 15 years and was a side bagger. My present one is a green works rear bagger. Of the two I much prefer the green works. It's much more powerful and the balance is much better when cutting. Hopefully it will last as long as the black and decker.

Go for the lithium battery powered mowers. They do a good job and it's nothing uncommon for the battery charge to last an hour.

Cords are essentially a thing of the past.

Go for the lithium battery powered mowers. They do a good job and it's nothing uncommon for the battery charge to last an hour.

As the owner of an 18-volt Ryobi (Home Depot's brand) lawnmower, I agree.

I would take a serious look at 40-volt mowers.
But, as with any purchase, see what other cordless tools are in the family.

Right now the "RYOBI 16 in. 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Battery Walk Behind Push Lawn Mower - Battery/Charger Not Included" is less than the 18-volt version.

Or, buy the best (for a lot of money): STIHLs gräsklippare gör processen kort

I'm on my 2nd corded electric in the past 19 years. The first was a black and decker. It lasted 15 years and was a side bagger. My present one is a green works rear bagger. Of the two I much prefer the green works. It's much more powerful and the balance is much better when cutting. Hopefully it will last as long as the black and decker.
Plantman, what is the model # of the one you have? Thanks

I looked at corded mowers when I moved into my garden home 3 years ago. But ended up buying a 40V Sun Joe lithium battery powered mower. Battery last about 40-45 minutes but it only takes 20-25 min to mow my yard so I'm good. I later bought their 20V weed eater and blower. Both work well. You can spend a lot more on bigger and maybe better brands but Sun Joe, Green Works, Kobalt and Ryobi will all do a good job. I went with SJ because it was on sale at the time.

I agree with the others. We had a corded electric mower many years ago and managing the cord was a major PITA. Spend more and get a good quality cordless mower and I think you'll be much happier.

DSIL has a cordless mower and loves it.

I have an 82V Snapper. I love everything about it except the suction. It cuts fine, even heavy grass. The battery lasts a long time between charges. I can easily do three cuts on my suburban lawn. It charges fast, the charger has a huge fan and really pumps in the charge fast. I guess the fan is for the heat generated while charging. The noise is very low while cutting, and no fumes.

I'm not sure why there isn't enough suction to pick up leaves as well as the gas powered mowers. I think they "cheat" a bit in the design because the equivalent HP is missing, so the blade slices through without as much lift as a gas power. I have seen this same complaint on other brands.

I have an 82V Snapper. I love everything about it except the suction. It cuts fine, even heavy grass. The battery lasts a long time between charges. I can easily do three cuts on my suburban lawn. It charges fast, the charger has a huge fan and really pumps in the charge fast. I guess the fan is for the heat generated while charging. The noise is very low while cutting, and no fumes.

I'm not sure why there isn't enough suction to pick up leaves as well as the gas powered mowers. I think they "cheat" a bit in the design because the equivalent HP is missing, so the blade slices through without as much lift as a gas power. I have seen this same complaint on other brands.

For the lift try changing the blade. Some mower blades have an upward bend on the back edge of the blade to supply more lift for the bagger. I think they are called “high lift” blades. They sort of resemble the blades of a fan. If your mower does not currently have one installed, maybe swapping it out to a high lift blade will help...

Back
Top Bottom