Looking for a small inexpensive gift for staff

+100 on NO to the engraved stone.

We did that for a coworker, thing looked like it was a pet headstone!:eek:

Not a great gift.

Definitely no knick knacks! :nonono:

My suggestion is a personalized handwritten letter of appreciation, plus a bouquet of fresh flowers.

+100 on NO to the engraved stone.

+1000

Thought I would add a zero.

And no to the pen idea.

We've tossed the knick knacks from previous employers (including one of those fancy pens that didn't work).

I see that a sentimental gift is called for and not necessarily cash, since they just got lots of cash from bonus and Christmas. I'd take the cash though. :)

Definitely no knick knacks! :nonono:

My suggestion is a personalized handwritten letter of appreciation, plus a bouquet of fresh flowers.

The flowers would be shorter lived and less appreciated by me than any knick knack. Just my view.

Engraved stone for their desk-no. To be thoughtful, write an individual thank you card to each of them, then enclose the cash, gift card, gift certificate, whatever. One thing this 45-60 year old lady (me) never wants to see again is a useless knickknack.

I totally agree with the above. No useless triffles! Give a nice card with a personalized thank you and a gift card or cash.

How about a mini fridge stocked with sodas, cheese, etc. (for the group).

Another vote for no knick knacks.

I have 2 months to go and spend a few minutes every now and then cleaning out my desk...without exception, all the nick knacks that I come across are immediately tossed into the trash.

The flowers would be shorter lived and less appreciated by me than any knick knack. Just my view.

Perhaps, but you are a man, and these employees are women. I'm a woman, and I would take the flowers any day.

I'm not a fan of cash because it tends to just get thrown in the bank and they never know what "you bought them". I'm also not a fan of gift cards, in general, because they rope the recipient into buying from one place. But since Amazon has "everything" and whatever they ordered would come in a box to their front door, that might be a good thing. Of course they could order furnace filters or something. Then they'd remember you for a few months as something old and dusty, lol!

Perhaps, but you are a man, and these employees are women. I'm a woman, and I would take the flowers any day.

You're right, I missed that all 4 are women.

What, no booze suggestions yet? Here in SoCal wine is the standard thank-you gift. Even for public school teachers.

Definitely a yes on the handwritten note.

Definitely a no on the knicknacks.

Add something consumable (concert tickets, a massage, a food treat, a nice bottle of wine) to that and you're good to go.

Another option is a gift to a non-profit organization in honor of them. For example, if one of them is always going on about her dogs, a donation in her name to the local animal shelter might be a nice gift. Or dedicate a tree planting in a public park to them, or donate to the food bank, or give to Heifer Project or Unicef. They have great "gift catalogs" and provide lovely acknowledgement cards.

I had a boss who did this every year for Christmas, and I loved it. He'd give us a small gift (like a gift certificate to a local bakery) and then donate an equal amount to an organization that helped prevent hunger. It was thoughtful, meaningful, and heartfelt.

No current silver dollars (no silver content). Try American Eagles (one ounce .999 silver) which are available in the current year. About $20 each, at today's market.

Ebay gift card could be fun if they collect anything. (And they can buy other things, too.)

I'd vote for the group lunch or a gift card to a local restaurant. If you had pictures of everyone over the years, a memories album would be nice.

+1000

Thought I would add a zero.

And no to the pen idea.

We've tossed the knick knacks from previous employers (including one of those fancy pens that didn't work).

+10,000 ;)

DW just threw out a bunch of those engraved, carved, paperweight things that she would get from work as an award... pure garbage.

DW has found nice, understated delicate bracelets. So if they don't wear them, they won't take up much room in the jewelry drawer, and they can pick over them on their way to something else.
thanks for the suggestions.

Another option is a gift to a non-profit organization in honor of them.

Having recently completed the Celebration of Festivus, I submit the following card might be in order.

KFVVL7u.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom