Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-30-2022, 09:06 AM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopKona View Post
We write the exact information on a sheet of paper with a sharpie so it won't fade, and then tape it to the inside of the door that leads to that bit of plumbing.
Wow and before I met you guys I thought I was organized. . . You put me to shame.
badatmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I must be the last one who likes separate hot and cold handles. I HATED jiggling the one-handle around to get the right temperature. Back and forth, back and forth, until it finally got to the right temp. With two handles, it's virtually instantaneous. My sister even had a one handle you had to pull out, almost every time. What a pain.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #63
Dryer sheet aficionado

I'm a Moen or Delta snob. I register them when I get a new faucet and they'll send you repair parts free.
Shardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:19 PM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets

Emailed Moen yesterday our kitchen pull-out faucet started a slow leak at the hose wand connection swivel joint. Sent pictures and a new hose will be sent for free. Faucet installed during kitchen remodel and never registered but I did have the invoice from 2013.
Piper20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:23 AM   #65
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipro33 View Post
Take the pump portion to a hardware store and ask for a clear 3 ft hose that will snug fit. Then run the hose to a big bottle of Dawn parked under the sink. When you run out, replace the bottle of Dawn .
That is what I eventually did (in our previous home). I had to add a check valve as well though (no big deal), or it would drain down.

But since our current place is not drilled for one, I wouldn't bother. I'm fine with a pump/bottle on the counter. Actually, (slightly) easier to clean, just move the pump/bottle and wipe up, rather than cleaning up around that rim. Minor point, but there was nothing about the built in that makes me miss it. And anyway, DW wants to have one for "hand soap" and one for "Dish soap". I wouldn't bother with that either, but that means we'd have a pump/bottle on the counter anyhow!

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:37 AM   #66
Give me a forum ...

FWIW I queried Kohler TS about the differences between the Home Depot and the Ferguson models of kitchen faucets. Answer was that all products are built to the same quality standards and have the same warranty.
Old 03-31-2022, 06:39 PM   #67
Dryer sheet wannabe

Touchless Moen Faucet from Costco. I don't think I can go back to non-touchless. It's so handy when cooking and much more sanitary. The only issue was it ate through batteries like crazy. Ended up getting an AC adapter and installing an electrical outlet below the sink.
fire161007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:01 PM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldShooter View Post
FWIW I queried Kohler TS about the differences between the Home Depot and the Ferguson models of kitchen faucets. Answer was that all products are built to the same quality standards and have the same warranty.
That might be some fuzzy wording. They didn't say they are the same product, or built with the same materials.

A mfg could say that their stainless steel parts and their plastic parts are " built to the same quality standards and have the same warranty.". Maybe the same part tolerances, and same cosmetic standards. But that doesn't mean they will last as long.

Or maybe they are essentially the same, with a Model # change to protect the high-end designers but still get into the high volume big box stores. I know that price isn't always much of an indicator of quality.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote