Love the spin

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1494871,00.html

Indian call centers are experiencing up to 70% turnovers.

Reasoning is because the american and british callers are intentionally rude to them because of economic problems and fear of job loss. The belief is that the callers intentionally make up very complicated questions to ask so they can then be rude and racist and hang up the phone.

Mmm hmm...i'm sure thats the core problem.

When we realize we can't understand them, we hang up and hope to get someone we can understand.  This could go on and on.........

Grand Banks said:
The belief is that the callers intentionally make up very complicated questions to ask so they can then be rude and racist and hang up the phone.
I think most of that was in the call center that handles GE appliances...

Complicated questions like: "When will this be delivered?" "Is this part under warranty?" "How much does this cost?"

Ed

My favorite is when you have a software question.  You call tech support, get an Indian that you can barely understand,  has no interest in really helping you, has no idea how to answer your question, and sends you a copy-paste from the knowledge base that has absolutely nothing to do with the question you asked.

I like when they say their name is "Joe" and if you ask them where they are located "Atlanta" righhhhht

Grand Banks this is a no spin zone

Software doesn't work right, manual is poorly written, phone number for tech support is hidden, you have to wade through numerous slow telephone menus, you spend 10 minutes on hold listening to repeated advertisements for the product, you get disconnected and have to start over, you finally get through to someone who is hard to understand, and who knows less about the software than you do. And the callers are irritable?

We have often joked that they must have a translation list somewhere that looks like this:

Ravi = Richard
Amit = Andy
Kalpeeta = Kathy

And of course their support performance metrics are suffering because of "discrimination" and "complicated questions".

Yep, this was a real head-shaker for me.

Funny part is, it never occurred to me to feel like I should use discriminatory language when irritated at bad, ineffective service delivered to me by people I cant understand. I didnt even know what the term "paki" was and why it was offensive. I'm so much better armed now.

Funny how when something isnt working out, people find the explanation that is least their fault...even in other countries/cultures.

I wish I had the inclination to spend the time to post a voicemail I received some time ago regarding an appliance delivery...yes, from "you know who". I had a bunch of people over the house and we all hovered over the speaker listening to the message left trying to figure out what the person was saying. After 3-4 minutes we determined it was someone calling about an appliance delivery, which I *was* expecting the next day. Whether they were telling me it was going to happen okay or not was never determined.

I am so sorry their self-esteem was damaged. I have seen 20-year family men let go where I work. I expect they would feel real sorry that the person that took their job was having esteem issues. Probably a subject of discussion around the dinner table with their wife and kids. After they figure out how to pay their bills.

I have nothing against the foreign workers getting a job. Doing what they have to do for themselves and their families. They no doubt need a job too and have their own problems. But America first for American companies should be the rule.

Back
Top Bottom