low flow showerhead and aerators

If you fill a glass of water from the tap here and let it sit overnight, the taste of chlorine is very strong. In the past year DW got enamored of getting the chlorine out of the shower water and so we got a filter shower head and I installed it. The package claimed that the shower head was low flow. The shower head doesn't put out a lot of water, but it sprays hard, so it is effective in removing soap etc.

We live on a lake, and our water system draws water from the lake. The lake is maintained at 32 feet. After hurricane Ike, they took the lake down 6 feet or so to repair the dam. It took less than three weeks to refill the lake when the dam was fixed. Even though most of Texas is in a drouth, the lake is still at 32 feet. We pay the minimum water bill and enjoy long hot strong showers!

We live on a lake, and our water system draws water from the lake. The lake is maintained at 32 feet. After hurricane Ike, they took the lake down 6 feet or so to repair the dam. It took less than three weeks to refill the lake when the dam was fixed.
As long as those folks up in Dallas keep flushing their toilets you'll never run out of water...:)

Well, I'm back at it again...may have found a low-flow that works (enough pressure and doesn't sacrifice on feel of water)...

Delta Water-Amplifying Showerhead in Chrome - 75153 at The Home Depot

Actually I wanted a different brand's showerhead, but that wasn't in the store. I also added an in-line shut off valve so I can even temporarily shut off the water flow as I suds up and scrub :D

I hate low-flow showers; it seems like I can't properly rinse my hair. When we moved to our current house, we had our 1955 shower fixtures rebuilt for $20. We have great water flow; guests tell us its like showering in a car wash! Our water bill runs $23/month.

Nuts.

I take short showers, as does DW. The boy does not. When he leaves, he pays his own water & heating bills. (Boy, is he in for a surprise!)

I do what I want, but I do not waste. And I if I so choose to enjoy a few more minutes, I pay. (The heart of a verdammt ingenieurr.)

I do what I want, but I do not waste. And I if I so choose to enjoy a few more minutes, I pay. (The heart of a verdammt ingenieurr.)
I figure I've already taken my lifetime quota of submarine showers...

I hate low-flow showers; it seems like I can't properly rinse my hair. When we moved to our current house, we had our 1955 shower fixtures rebuilt for $20. We have great water flow; guests tell us its like showering in a car wash! Our water bill runs $23/month.

The Delta model I get puts out pretty good large blobs of water as opposed to the other low flows I tried that had a very narrow stream which left me feeling a bit unrinsed and chilly.

Back
Top Bottom