Lowes gift card 10% bonus exp 3/14/11, $500 min

Dimsumkid

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If anyone shops at Lowes, they're offering gift cards for min balance of $500 to $4000 (you can buy more cards too). On 3/18 they will apply an extra 10% bonus onto your card automatically. The nice thing about this is you can still use competitor offers or price matches to make your purchases later. If you have a cashback card, you can increase your savings too. The gift cards never expire, but the bad thing is if you lose the card, you're out of luck. I just bought a $500 card today and used an Ace Hardware $5 off $20 purchase offer that they honored, DW used it too. Also used my Costco Amex to get 1% back (best cashback card I have) on the gift card purchase. Hurry, tomorrow is the last day to buy them. If you're gonna spend it anyway on a remodel, then this locks in a guarateed 10% as long as you don't lose the gift card!

The Lowes near us offers a 10% senior discount every Tuesday. The only catch is you have to ask for it before you check out.

I'm not sure if it's a nationwide program.

Thanks, Dimsumkid.

If you dont want to spend $500 or do not want to buy a gift card Lowes sends you a 10% coupon to your email. Technically it works only if you intend to move, but as long as you use different email addresses you should be fine getting multiple coupons. Here is the link: Lowes.com : Coupon Registration

Does the card specify 10% off already, or is it a regular gift card? (Can we use a military or senior discount at a later date)

This is a specific gift card called Tax Refund. The beauty of this is your bonus comes on 3/18. This technically allows you to still use normal discounts too, I.e., military or competitor coupons or price matches on top of this. Like I mentioned, I used ace hardware coupons for 20% off $5 off $20 purchase. So my total discount was almost 30%. if you buy it with a cashback credit card, you can increase your discounts.

To make this more clear, no discounts that I know of can be used to purchase the gift card. Any discounts can be applied on the purchase of items as you normally would. The only difference is you pay with the gift card.

Last edited:
Lowe's has some decent discounts at times. We are currently remodeling a bathroom and purchased the supplies from Lowes. They are having a bathroom fixture sale going on right now, and we saved $450 on a total expense of about $2600 so paid only $2150. (custom vanity, natural stone sinks and counter top, toliet, faucets, etc.) Nice little savings.

You can get the 10% off coupon at the Post Office just ask for the move in package.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom