Macbook--how to restore downloads to dock

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Need rescuing again.......used to have a downloads icon in the dock but
now it is gone. I think DW murdered it but she would accuse me of the same crime. How to restore?

I tried using Help feature.....said to locate gap between applications and trash can. Hold alt down and click there but I didn't see anything that would obviously lead to solution. At least, I'm proud that I can use the term dock which I never had heard of until I learned it here. A hundred more years and I'll have this stuff down pat.

Thanks for any help!

Rich......thanks! I did it! Strange thing tho....now it looks like a rectangular grid of
the various downloads. Previously it looked liked a curved column with stacked downloads. Functional tho. Thanks again.
edit: just curious.....what made it disappear from the dock?

Rich......thanks! I did it! Strange thing tho....now it looks like a rectangular grid of
the various downloads. Previously it looked liked a curved column with stacked downloads. Functional tho. Thanks again.
edit: just curious.....what made it disappear from the dock?

I think the presentation (curved vs. grid) is a function of how many items are in there. If you only had a few items, I think you would get the curved stack rather than the grid. Getting rid of the dock item is pretty easy, you just drag it off the dock. Could easily have been done inadvertently.

I think the presentation (curved vs. grid) is a function of how many items are in there. If you only had a few items, I think you would get the curved stack rather than the grid. Getting rid of the dock item is pretty easy, you just drag it off the dock. Could easily have been done inadvertently.
Or maybe it was whichever "view" you have selected for the folder being aliased.

Thanks Dizzy and Rich....... might be some truth to the "how many items theory" altho seems like it would then pertain to how many when dock folder was attached(small) rather than how many it contained when detached (large). The appearance didn't change as the number of items in it grew, only after detach/reattach. Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom