March Madness

It was about time the Badgers showed up to play Purdue and they have a good chance of winning the tourney against Illinois. I don't get to watch the Badgers play that much where I'm at now but they hitting on all cylinders right now.

Does there have to be 4 #1 seeds? Only UConn played like it today.

Congratulations to NC State in their win over my Tar Heels to earn the ACC Tournament Championship. I thought State would run out of gas after playing 5 days in a row but they persevered and punched their ticket to the Big Dance.

UNC at least made it to the finals of their conf tourney.

My Tar Heels are a #1 seed and playing in Charlotte. Now I just have to get my tickets to the games.

Never saw Iowa State's blowout of Houston coming. Not sure how that large of a margin is possible really.

Yeah, hats off to NC State for winning over my Heels. They deserved it, playing smothering defense and hitting a lot of big shots. But after coming home from a round of golf today it’s great to see Carolina with a number one seed. Maybe the loss will make them that much more focused. They have as good a chance as any team to win it all. Go Heels!

I took a chance and picked Kentucky to go all the way, thinking they had the athletes and sometimes Calipari can bring a team together by the end of the season. They ran into a buzz saw in Oakland. Gohlke was on fire and that opened things up for a couple other guys who took them home. Fun game to watch, even though it destroyed my bracket. Now I see Kentucky is 1-4 in their last 5 tourney games and it's been 9 years since they made the Final 4 so maybe Calipari has lost his touch.

The Oakland game was very good. Couldn't believe the season shooting stats for Gohlke that was brought up during the telecast. He had 335 field goal attempts during the season, all but 8 of those were 3 point shots, crazy.

Last edited:
Kentucky is defensively challenged. They were set for early exit.

But did not expect it would be at hands of Oakland!

Ivy League Champion knocks off the SEC champion. Sweet! I just wish I could have seen Charles Barkley's face and comments after the game. :)

Of the 5 ACC teams that got in the NCAA , the 3 NC ACC teams and Clemson are still in it. We watched all 3 NC teams play their 1st round. We’ll be watching the 2nd rounds today and tomorrow. Good luck to them all!

In keeping with tradition, it's time for both UCONN men and women to win the championship. It happens every 10 years (2004,2014 - so far)

SEC has underperformed to say the least.

ACC had fewer teams but mostly higher seeds.

I watched Iowa (women) win today on ABC OTA. Beth Mowens was calling the game, but it wasn't bad and annoying like when she called an NFL game (KC Chiefs - Denver Broncos) years back that I watched. It was fine.

Looks like their next game is on ESPN, so I'll miss that one.

Last edited:
Carolina ran into a buzz saw to start their game against Michigan State. Their shots weren’t falling and MS was making everything, looking more like their pre season #1 ranking. Down by 12 points early, they didn’t panic and started playing great defense. It was an impressive turnaround, and they kept up their great play when MS made a run to start the second half. The final score was not indicative of how tough the game was. On to the Sweet 16!

The NC State v Chattanooga Women's game had an interesting twist--one of the officials was replaced at half time when it was revealed that she had gone to graduate school at Chattanooga and therefore had a conflict of interest--how the heck could that have happened? NC State won easily anyway.

Carolina ran into a buzz saw to start their game against Michigan State. Their shots weren’t falling and MS was making everything, looking more like their pre season #1 ranking. Down by 12 points early, they didn’t panic and started playing great defense. It was an impressive turnaround, and they kept up their great play when MS made a run to start the second half. The final score was not indicative of how tough the game was. On to the Sweet 16!

I think after the first 10 minutes UNC played their best game of the season. Hoping they can keep this up. Go Heels!!!

12 points early in a basketball game is a minor deficit. I've seen many teams come back from those type of deficits late in the 4th quarter.

I watched Iowa (women) win today on ABC OTA. Beth Mowens was calling the game, but it wasn't bad and annoying like when she called an NFL game (KC Chiefs - Denver Broncos) years back that I watched. It was fine.

Looks like their next game is on ESPN, so I'll miss that one.

Yeah Beth Mowins is a tough listen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom