March Madness

Go Creighton BlueJays! :dance:

My group does a "drafted" March Madness contest. I drafted Creighton. Hopefully works out better than LY.

That game against Oregon was the best one I have seen so far.

Great win. But not sure why they waited so late to blitz Couisnard coming off the high pick. He and Dante were amazing for Oregon.

A&M makes up a 10 point deficit with about 2 minutes left to take Houston to overtime. In that time they had 2 made shots reviewed to see if they were 3 pointers...by a fraction of an inch they weren't but that would've won the game.

Houston with 3 guys fouled out, 2 more with 4, and I don't think they are super deep with some injuries they've had.

It was actually 11 down with 1:30 to go. But Houston pulls it out in OT, even with the 4th starter fouling out in OT.

Houston had many chances to lose. Very fortunate Texas A&M had such a rough night at foul line.

I watched the Duke 93 vs James Madison 55 game. Thru most of the game Duke outscored them 2:1. Either Duke has regained their basketball prowess, JMU lost theirs, or both for such a lopsided game like that in the NCAA tourney.

The 3 NC teams and Clemson are in the Sweet 16. The ACC is the sixth conference to get four teams through to the Sweet 16 since the NCAA Tournament expanded in 1985. The Big East was the last to do it in 2003. It’s a somewhat rare event.

Was watching the Duke/JMU game and switching back and forth between that and the Clemson game. Stayed on the Clemson game as the Duke/JMU game was such as blow out. Happy we have 4 ACC teams in the Sweet Sixteen. UNC, NC State, Duke and Clemson.
Our family has internal rivalry. UNC, NC State and Duke, so March Madness is fun!
I would add Virginia, but I gave up on them.
On to the Sweet Sixteen!

Last night I watched the Alabama v Grand Canyon game since my Tar Heels play the winner of that game. Alabama finally won but what a bizarre game--neither team seemed to play team ball it was every man for himself and very rough and tumble. If Grand Canon could hit free throws they would have won. I have no idea how UNC can make a game plan for their upcoming game with Alabama. We better wear football uniforms and helmets.

Coog'em

Whatever it takes!!

Houston Cougars_resized.jpg

The Houston loss to Duke was very disappointing after losing their best and most important player, Jamal Shead, when he turned his ankle early in the first half.

What if...would they be advancing to the Elite 8? The team rallied their best and kept it close and of course injury affect all teams.

Congrats to the Blue Devils!

Go Coogs! Maybe next year!!

I just watched that game, amazing! I love how much fun these guys are having. Now that my Tarheels are out of the race, I’m rooting for NC State all the way. I grew up in Raleigh, and my last year there as a teenager I was a bartender at Daryl’s, very close to campus. Fun times!

How do you stop a 7'4'', 300# Zach Edey?

You don't!

Well he sure had a big game today vs Tennessee. I was wondering how he would respond to a situation where his supporting cast was plain ole "off" on their outside shooting and today he showed us with 40 pts. (Purdue hit only 20% of their three point attempts today, far below their typical performance.) Despite Edey, I doubt Purdue will advance to the championship game unless their three point shooters return to the excellent form they've been exhibiting up to today.

Last edited:
Many of us remember the NCState team in 1983 that shocked Houston's "Phi Slama Jama" which includes future hall of famers Clyde Drexler and Hakeem Olajuwan, among other future pro players in the finals.

That team was just a 6 seed. Can this year's 11 seeded Wolfpack turn the tables and win this thing against its better regarded opponents?

Doubtful, but it will be fun to watch.

How do you stop a 7'4'', 300# Zach Edey?

You don't!

If it comes down to it, I'd wager that a 7'2" 280lb Donovan Clingan would be up to the task.

Watching Women's game --LSU v Iowa. Some great players, this is going to be a great game.

It is a great game! Tough that Reese is playing hurt now.

Barkley, Kellogg and Smith ought to take notes from the women in the studio tonight. They seem to be on top of the analysis and info without all the clowning around. Lots of enthusiasm too. I loved how one of them paid tribute to all of the women who got the sport to this point.

It is a great game! Tough that Reese is playing hurt now.

Barkley, Kellogg and Smith ought to take notes from the women in the studio tonight. They seem to be on top of the analysis and info without all the clowning around. Lots of enthusiasm too. I loved how one of them paid tribute to all of the women who got the sport to this point.
Yeah, I agree on the analysis. And Iowa delivers the win.

C. Clark is unreal!
Second half against LSU she was amazing. Most team points in any NCAAW bracket game this year at 94! Can she will them to go all the way? Everybody seemed to step up last night.

Last edited:
Iowa Hawkeye vs South Carolina for woman's championship. Go Hawks!

Iowa v UConn wasn’t the best effort by either team. Turnovers, sloppy ball handling and passing and cold shooting in the first half by Iowa? I’ve never seen anyone give Clark fits like Nika Mühl did - outstanding defensive effort. Thank goodness for Hannah Stuelke all game and Marshall and Martin came on in the end.

I’m glad to see Iowa w Caitlin get a crack at their first national championship - but if they play like that again in the final, SC will blow them away. I assume SC is favored anyway, but you never know.

Last edited:
For two games in a row Iowa, after pulling away, went cold and almost let it slip away in the final 2 minutes. Even though I picked them to win it all, that does not bode well going up against South Carolina.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom