March Madness

gcgang

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
http://earlyret.mayhem.cbssports.com/e?ttag=BPM14_paste_cbsinv

In extreme LBYM, when I first started my job I lived in a furnished apartment where I could walk to work, no TV or phone. I finally had to break down and buy a TV when the NCAA basketball tournament started.

I'm still addicted to it, and I've created an Early Retirement bracket website. Above is the link.

No $, just bragging rights. Anyone interested? I'd assume the site will be live Sunday night, March 16.

Let me know if you have problems getting onto the site, I'll try and provide additional info as needed.

Password is Fire.

Go Blue!

Last edited:
Hugh basketball fan here, especially UNC and ACC. Thanks for the bracket and I will fill in my brackets.

I played girls basketball in high school when we could only dribble 3 times!

Jo Ann

I'm a huge fan of the NCAA Tourney. It's my top fav sporting event, followed by The Masters!

I'm in. Big time Kansas Jayhawk myself. Dislike Duke and and UNC so this post is definitely off to a good start.

I got tickets to the first round next Thursday and Saturday. Can't wait to see who's gonna be playing.

UMASS Alum (Redmen then, Minutemen now). If I pick all the brackets right to I just get Warren Buffet's billion or do I get 2 billion?

Nobody else interested in NCAA basketball?

UVA grad here. Enjoyed the ACC Tournament today and seeing the Cavaliers earn a first seed in the NCAA. They are probably a long shot but I'd love to see them go all the way.

Louisville Cardinal fan here. Started going to the games with my father in 1964 and continued to go until relocating to Mexico last year.

Should be a great tournament but I hate being in the same region with Wichita State. I don't know that we can beat them two years in a row.

I'll be watching. Lived my whole life in Wisconsin so I have to go for them but as long as Duke doesn't win anymore than expected with their seed then i'll be happy.

Another UMASS alum here, class of 87. It been a while for us, but maybe this is our year.

Thanks, gcgang, you just made my day! I've participated in an office pool for more than 10 years and actually won it one year (which means I feel obligated to continue to participate - I'm not the only one who no longer w*rks there). But the guy who runs it just let us know yesterday that he is too busy to do it this year, and I was really missing the excitement. So I will join the ER challenge!

Oh by the way, I'm an authentic Cameron Crazy...we were around way before Coach K!

My daughter was born on Mar 15th, 1987 - during the first round of March Madness. As soon as she was born, the nurse took her away and I asked my husband for the tv remote.

DH: Huh?
Me: Uh, March Madness is on.....

DH still tells people about that today.

Just bought tickets for the Orlando games on Thursday. One more thing I can cross off my bucket list.

Harvard just beat Cincy in big upset.

Ha

Ha

Not in my mind. I had Harvard over Cincy in the Buffett Billion Dollar Pool. Oh well, I'm out of the running now for the billion as I had Ohio State over Dayton. I'm 3 out of 4 so far, shooting for one of the 100K prizes. :LOL:

Go Orange Men!

Ha

In the pool I am in 30 of the 65 people picked Harvard....

Now, it is a seed based scoring so not as surprising with people picking some good possible upsets...

Agree. I've been a Bearcat fan from when the NIT was the big tournament. Another interesting result today was Dayton beating Ohio State 60-59. Are you a Buckeye from the state, or the school?

Ha

Hoping my Huskers can get their first ever NCAA tourney win tomorrow morning.

Went to the #8 Colorado vs #9 Pitt and #1 Florida vs #16 Albany games today. We expected one game to be a blowout and the other to be a "good game". We were right - just not about which game would be which.

Colorado looked completely lost and overmatched against Pitt. I kinda felt bad for them. Not what I expected from an #8 vs #9.

As far as Florida goes, they really had their hands full with Albany. They may have won, but did not look as good as I expected. Apparently Coach Donovan agreed.....he wasn't a happy camper in his post game interview.

Ha

Was at that game. It was awesome with Harvard leading most of the way. Would of been a shame for them to lose in the final minutes. Next game was Mich State vs Delaware. The Spartans could definitely be final 4 material.

The North Dakota State vs Oklahoma was great fun with the Bisons taking it in OT.

It was a long day at the arena watching 4 games, but certainly worth it.

Back
Top Bottom