margaritas

Oh dear. Dont use any of that stuff.

Buy any tequila that says "100% pure agave" on the bottle. Preferably blue agave.

Sauza's Hornitos is a good choice.

Jose Cuervo is some sort of mutabooze with caramel coloring added and it tastes awful for any purpose. There is a benefit at hand. You can add a shitload more good tequila to a marg before it starts tasting boozy.

Best mix for it is even amounts of fresh squeezed lemon, lime and orange juice and simple syrup to taste. Simple syrup is pretty much a cup of water and a cup of sugar warmed until the sugar disappears, then cooled back to room temperature.

You can totally get away with the simple syrup, roses lime juice and a splash of some good orange juice.

Grand Marnier or triple sec can be very nice, but spendy.

And now we know why I own one of those big $20 stainless steel one-armed kachunker citrus squeezers.

How much tequila with my even amounts of fresh squeezed lemon, lime and orange juice and simple syrup to taste? 1/1/1/1? blend in ice?

Use CFB's recipe; no mixes. Don't blend with ice - this isn't a slushy. Serve on the rocks with salt on rim. While you're at it, fix me one!

Yea, but how much teq? I'm a rook when it comes to mixing drinks.

I tried the Jose Curevo all ready to go in the bottle tonight - they not as good as the ones from last night.

Last edited:
watch out for jose cuervo margarita mix. massive amount of high fructose corn syrup.,

How much tequila with my even amounts of fresh squeezed lemon, lime and orange juice and simple syrup to taste? 1/1/1/1? blend in ice?

I add booze until people taste it and scrunch their face up and mutter "JESUS!".

My actual method is to fill a glass half full with ice cubes, pour in the booze until the ice is just covered, then add the mix, stir.

Chilled glass, Salt the rim if you like salt with your margarita.

• The juice of 1 large Fresh Lime
  • 1 jigger of Cointreau
  • 1 jigger of Hornitos Reposado Tequila (100% Blue Agave)
  • Crushed ice
  • Add it to a cocktail shaker and shake well
  • Strain into a chilled glass
Welcome to Hornitostequila.com

Hornitos Reposado is smooth enough to sip straight. It is affordable. Much better than a mixed (51% agave) tequila.

Guess what I am having right now? :D

A good sipping tequila is Don Julio Añejo. So is El Tesoro Añejo.

"Right On!" This has been my favorite recipe for years. (I use ice cubes. however.)

The last time I had a margarita was the first time I had a margarita. That was on December 31, 1967 (or January 1, 1968 ). Actually, they were great so I had seven of them and then started on salty dogs and bloody Marys (I think? for SOME reason O0 my memory of that New Year's Eve is a little hazy). What a party!!!

I must have rid myself of that desire, or got something or other out of my system. I don't drink at all any more (not even wine).

The last time I had a margarita was the first time I had a margarita. That was on December 31, 1967 (or January 1, 1968 ). Actually, they were great so I had seven of them and then started on salty dogs and bloody Marys (I think? for SOME reason O0 my memory of that New Year's Eve is a little hazy). What a party!!!

I must have rid myself of that desire, or got something or other out of my system. I don't drink at all any more (not even wine).

Little bit of red wine is good for the heart :)

Little bit of red wine is good for the heart :)

THIS year... :D

Oh, I also remember having my first martini at that party. I thought it was horrid (but my capability to discriminate between good and horrid may have been somewhat impaired at that point! :) ) Tell me they don't party in Kaimuki! :rolleyes: :2funny:

Oh how tiring to read this thread, such complications.

Just give me a dark beer and a bottle opener.

Ah, the simple life.

Kate

Last night I dreamed I drank the world's biggest margarita. This morning there was salt on the toilet seat. Glad I didn't eat the worm...

Larry the Cable Guy

Plus after your third drink, you can waggle your eyebrows at your date and say "horni----toes..." and see what you get...

I just tried this based on CFB recommendation...

1 part oj
1 part lime
1 part lemon
2 part simple syrup
3 part teq

It was pretty good. I'll try it again to make sure I have it right. At first it was to bitter but I added more ss and now it is just right.

Back
Top Bottom