Marriage Proposal on FIRE Forum

is there a finders fee? My wife’s friend has dabbled in shooting Cupid arrows and is 3 for 3 ending in divorce, my wife was his first target

Should this thread be moved to the "Young Dreamers" forum? :)
Good question. Some here think marriage is about $$. Others are still dreamers (like you). A few seem to comment about relationships as if they were politics, and quite a few seem to be focused on travel. This probably does deserve a forum of it's own, but yours is a good suggestions, but moving it to "other topics" is probably something we can all agree on.

Thread moved.

What's the general rule for age acceptability? I think I read it's half your age , plus 7 years. So a 50 year old shouldn't consider anyone under 31? Seems unrealistic and too young:D Maybe 40 minimum age.

What's the general rule for age acceptability? I think I read it's half your age , plus 7 years. So a 50 year old shouldn't consider anyone under 31? Seems unrealistic and too young:D Maybe 40 minimum age.

Personally, I prefer my own age. DW is two days older than me, but I’ve adjusted to the age difference.

I'm seeing trouble if you are 60/40 and she is 40/60

I used to be hung up on the age thing... Till I dated a guy 10 years my junior.... Then I was convinced it was a problem. (Different stages of life between a late 30-something female and a late 20-something male. It was fun... but NOT in the 'keeper' category.) Right after that ended I met my husband - who's just shy of 10 years older than me... Fortunately he's immature so it worked out. LOL.

There is something to be said for dating someone with whom you have common historical references. Things like 9/11... Were they still in grade school?

For the sake of compatibility, better state if you are indexer, stock picker or other; bucketeer or total return investor. What is your ideal AA? Does using an FA violate marital vows?

Then 30 is Young Enough To Be Your Daughter. Shame on you, you old goat! [emoji23]
I've always heard the rule of thumb is 1/2 your age plus 6 years. To this id add oldest child's age plus 5 years so you don't end up with a Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure situation.

Overall I think I'd like finding a woman who's a member of this forum. I've found most woman I meet IRL are in poor financial shape and I'm not well enough off to afford a Sugar Baby.

What's the male: female ratio on this forum, do you suppose? I'm guessing 80:20, but I don't know.

I'm female but I think I may have found a true love in my latest e-mail from Match.com. It's a tough choice between the guy whose only picture is a selfie of him in a wife-beater shirt with his only text: "I like to ride my Harley" or the handsome young 35-year old man who says he's European so age isn't a big deal to him.:smitten:

Yes, that’s about the extent of the choices on match.com
Sign me, Lovelorn.

OMG... Everyone here is so funny. :)

Do you need my Social Security number too? I am less than 55 but older than 48. I still have some original teeth, a full set of hair and seeking for female companion between 30-45. All she has to be is pretty and a member of this forum. Is that too much to ask? hihihi

enuff

You'll have a higher probability of finding what you are looking for at the Publix supermarket in Downtown West Palm beach Florida than this forum. Visit that location and you'll see why.

When I was a freshly divorced 50 year old, I dated a 29 year old young lady who was divorced (no children) for a short time....very short time. It was fun (at times) but not only were we not operating in the same time zone, but we were on different planets! :LOL:

Enuff, I agree with the poster who said you need to provide more information. You're so cagey about your age (but not your dream date's)! Geographical area, hobbies and interests, maybe something about your education, previous vocation (if ER), and the like? Otherwise I doubt you'll get many takers. Think about the potential reader of your post - what would she like to know about you?

That is the proper Frenchman's rule for the appropriate age of a mistress. Not a wife. Don't ask me how I know that...

When I was a freshly divorced 50 year old, I dated a 29 year old young lady who was divorced (no children) for a short time....very short time. It was fun (at times) but not only were we not operating in the same time zone, but we were on different planets! :LOL:

I went through a stretch after divorce where I dated much younger women. Not because I needed a youth movement, but because I didnt want to date anyone with children, and they were the ones that didnt have any. At 38, I dated someone 17 years younger for 3 great years. But it got to the point where she wanted and deserved a family of her own, and I didnt want to start a second generation so the party had to end. After a brief interlude, I went out on a date with someone my age and 12 years later we are still happily together. And she was by far the oldest lady I had ever dated. Wouldnt trade her for no-one.

80/20? I thought it was more like 20/80. Wait, can't see it clearly but that might be the results of my recent vision test. P.S. OP, let us know how many messages you get.

Wasn't there a couple years ago who met on this forum and then dated or am I getting senile ?

I'm almost 64, male with original teeth except for 2 implants. Looking for a 25-30 y/o babe with a multi million $ portfolio. Must be willing to help with my adult diapers as I age. Please send resume with pic to my inbox.

I better clean out my inbox to make room for all the inquiries. :)

[emoji23]

A lot of funny/snarky comments but it would seem that OP is sincere so I'm not in a snide mood on this (a rarity). At least for now.

In fact, I find it a bit endearing that a member here would seek out a like minded person on this forum having failed in other avenues. Or am I being too sentimental on this early morning?

The main thing I see about it are the wide range of incomes people find satisfactory. Even if you are both fire - if one lives on $30k and the other on $150k - that type of spending differential can cause tension.

The main thing I see about it are the wide range of incomes people find satisfactory. Even if you are both fire - if one lives on $30k and the other on $150k - that type of spending differential can cause tension.

I agree. I see a whole spectrum of spending philosophies here. Some are happy to use the public library attend free concerts and live modestly in exchange for leaving the rat race early. Others are in the "Blow That Dough" camp. Even in the "Blow That Dough" group, and I'm a member, some of us like to blow it on Business-Class plane flights and some like fancy cars. I'd be less compatible with a fancy-car guy.

Back
Top Bottom