Meet you at Burger King...

Htown Harry

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
You'll want to get in line early this Thursday, folks....

Burger King serving up barbecue menu for summer _ bacon sundae included - The Washington Post

Burger%20King-Summer%20Menu.JPEG-02d70.jpg

I started to say...'be still my beating heart'...but that might happen if I ate one of those. :D

Mmmm.....looks good to me. :)

Bacon and ice cream at the same time? A dream come true.

Wow, just looking at the picture I can hear my arteries hardening.

Might be worth it....

I love bacon, and I love ice cream.... but together? To be quite honest this is revolting. I'd probably puke if I tried to eat it.

Bacon, and THEN ice cream, separately? Now we're talking! :)

I think if they use the right kind of bacon, like sweet-cured or whatever, it could work.

Well, this poses a logistical dilemma. Wendy's Baconator is the superior burger, imho, so have to plan an extra stop at BK for dessert!

Haven't had one, but for those who don't think you'll like it, you might be surprised. I've seen maple bacon doughnuts and I've had a maple bacon cupcake, not my first choice but it was actually very good.

Sometimes you have to just step out and try new things. Live a little, while you're here. :D

We're going to need a review from the first intrepid e-r.orger to try it.

I can't decide if I think it would be delicious or disgusting. Maybe it might be more palatable to me without the strip of bacon as a garnish. Chocolate bars with tiny bits of bacon embedded in them are pretty good.

I love bacon, and I love ice cream.... but together? To be quite honest this is revolting. I'd probably puke if I tried to eat it.

Bacon, and THEN ice cream, separately? Now we're talking! :)
I'm with you. Just looking at this makes me a little sick.

Ha

I would try it but then I have been known to eat peanut butter bacon sandwiches.

Comedian Andy Borowitz offered this new BK motto after reading about the new sundae:

Burger King, on its new bacon sundae: "We never stop thinking of new ways to kill people."

I just knew someone would start a thread here about this new offering by BK! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Makes me glad I am a vegetarian.:angel:
Until this year I thought all grasshoppers were vegetarians. We have an infestation of huge grasshoppers who are apparently carnivorous - they eat dead grasshoppers. The roads in our rural subdivision are littered with grasshopper road kill with other grasshoppers feeding on the carrion. Makes for crunchy driving...

Until this year I thought all grasshoppers were vegetarians. We have an infestation of huge grasshoppers who are apparently carnivorous - they eat dead grasshoppers. The roads in our rural subdivision are littered with grasshopper road kill with other grasshoppers feeding on the carrion. Makes for crunchy driving...

Last year the Box turtles were so fat from eating grasshoppers, they couldn't close their shells all the way. Many lost legs and toes to the raccoon's, and song dogs.

I actually went out of my way to a BK last night, hoping to try one of these.

Sadly, they didn't have it available (she muttered something about not having the equipment (:confused:) in place, although they did have a new button on their register), so I settled for a caramel sundae instead.

omni

Where is Nords to weigh in on this; isn't he our #1 bacon Connoissseur?

What a thorny situation. I went low carb high fat a couple months ago and have not had more than a bite or two of ice cream sampling DW's restaurant desserts in all that time. OTOH, bacon is the perfect food. What to do, what to do:confused: So I just had one for lunch today. It was pretty good but I actually liked the ice cream and chocolate and caramel more than the bacon. I suppose I had forgotten how good a big dose of sugar can taste. I feel a nap calling my name now.

Hah! I tried one and they are GLORIOUS!

No, really, it's just their $1.29 caramel and fudge sundae with bacon chunks sprinkled on and one stick of bacon. For $2.49. Much larger than the OPs picture shows.

At 510 cal. and 18g of fat, it'll probably knock the last years off of any early retirement.

It tastes like you dumped a salt shaker on your ice cream, the first couple bites, then after the bacon is outta the way, you're back to normality.

Honestly, I'll save the $1.20 and skip the bacon next time as frugality rears its ugly head. But, a guys gotta live once in awhile.

-CC

:smitten:Bacon is even glorious in cheesecake. Specially with jalapenos. I figure if you eat one of these eat light at dinner. :D

Back
Top Bottom