Men's Sandals Recommendation

GravitySucks

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Looking for something:
1st-Extra comfortable walking on sand, gravel, dirt trails.
2nd-Wont get ruined with salt water.
3rd-Long lasting.
4th-Looks great with black socks. (Just kidding.)

Asking this all knowledge forum as we know what's right for everything here.

Keen H2’s. These sandals are very durable. They have a closed toe for added protection. If the cord that functions as a lace wears out they will send a replacement. I love them.

Olukai for comfort, fashion and breath ability.
Keen for trails and water.

I have both. Love both.

I get a new pair of Teva's about every other year, and have a clean pair, and a worn/dirty pair.

I typically try on the competition, and they all feel terrible to me.

Teva's are amazingly stable and comfortable. I've even gone hiking in the damn things, and they are perfect for up at my cabin and out on the boat.

My lower level retirement goal: Wearing shorts and sandals year round. A guy has to dream.

Good luck, JP

Keen H2’s. These sandals are very durable. They have a closed toe for added protection. If the cord that functions as a lace wears out they will send a replacement. I love them.
I second this recommendation. I've worn out a number of pairs because I wear them so much. I especially love the protected toe and the elastic laces, so no need to do anything but slip them on.

Keen H2’s. These sandals are very durable. They have a closed toe for added protection. If the cord that functions as a lace wears out they will send a replacement. I love them.[
I second this recommendation. I've worn out a number of pairs because I wear them so much. I especially love the protected toe and the elastic laces, so no need to do anything but slip them on.
Another vote for Keen sandals. DW and I both have Keen Newports and wear them for everything when it’s warm. Casual wear, sailing, paddle boarding, you name it. They’re durable, comfortable and good looking IMO.

I get a new pair of Teva's about every other year, and have a clean pair, and a worn/dirty pair.

Teva's are amazingly stable and comfortable. I've even gone hiking in the damn things, and they are perfect for up at my cabin and out on the boat.

My lower level retirement goal: Wearing shorts and sandals year round. A guy has to dream.

Good luck, JP

Tevas are my vote also. Graced many beaches, trails and rivers.
Never fail. Very comfortable.

Another vote for Keen sandals. DW and I both have Keen Newports and wear them for everything when it’s warm. Casual wear, sailing, paddle boarding, you name it. They’re durable, comfortable and good looking IMO.

Another vote for keen Newport’s. The toe cap is an essential feature for me

Same here, although mine last at least five years. Always totally comfortable. Served me well many times while hiking in rough country.

Like my Keens also but on our last trip I forgot to pack them so bought a pair of Skechers Milford. Very comfortable, not exactly sandals but have memory foam insole and much lighter. Ordered a 2nd pair just in case.

I wear my Teva river sandals any time the temp is over 50 degrees...well, not to w*rk, but weekends and evenings. They're very comfortable, and my last pair have lasted me 4-5 years.

I've never done sandals. Always top-siders. In and out of the water. No socks. The quality has declined over the years, but it's been said that I'm "rough on equipment"

Last trip, a motorcycle adventure, I had only tactical boots, which was great for riding, but I had to get them off later and had to walk around bare foot. For next trip, I bought DOUSPRT Water shoes, super light and small, important for packing light.

5194neS0LUL._SCLZZZZZZZ__US284_.jpg

Thanks.
I like the Keen covered toe. More important DGF says they look best.
Guess I'll give them a try.
My last pair of sandals were over 25 years old, rubber and Velcro, less than $10 so I bet these will be my last pair of sandals

Another vote for the Keens. Had my current pair since 2014.

Also a great shoe for cycling (with studded flat pedals).

p.s. whichever pair you end up getting, pay attention to avoiding "sandal tan"
DW says by the end of the summer I look like a white and red footed zebra. It can be painful too since the skin on top of the foot is so thin.

Teva's have always been my go-to brand for sandals, but there are some good suggestions here I might try.

Sounds like more on-line shopping while there is nothing else to do.:facepalm:

Another vote for Keens been wearing them for quite a while and love them!!

I'm on my 3rd pair of Keens. The suede ankle connector thing finally craps out on them, and it's time for a new pair. If they improved that spot they would last a few more years.

The only thing that I don't like it that they take quite a while to dry after walking in water. I wouldn't consider them to be a water sandal, but I still use them in the water when the need arises.

One thing I noticed when buying Keens on line is a huge difference in price between colors - not just ridiculous colors that always end up in the overstock bin, but ordinary colors.

One thing I noticed when buying Keens on line is a huge difference in price between colors - not just ridiculous colors that always end up in the overstock bin, but ordinary colors.
Black is $20 less then Tan or Brown on Amazon.
DGF tells me to get tan or brown. Of course the cheap b*St*Rd in me says get the black.
Waiting to next week to see if the plain tan become available in my size. It's snowing today anyway.

Olukai for comfort, fashion and breath ability.
Keen for trails and water.

I have both. Love both.

Olukai are very comfortable, but expensive. I wore a pair to Disney for a long warm day and they were great. I live in Michigan and tried 2 pair that each only lasted 1 season before sole’s separated

I’m trying Reef now.

Like my Keen H2's also but don't consider them sandals with closed off toes. Just airy, tough casual shoes.

As for durability, I've had the fabric bands from the front around heel tear loose from outside leather(?) side connector piece to the sole, both shoes. Shoe repair told me they see this issue over & over.

Back
Top Bottom