Men's wallet recommendations

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi Guys!

I am in need of a new wallet. My old one has finally given up and really is not longer fixable.

I am looking for wallets that are not to bulky, though I realize that most of the bulk is what we stuff into it.

It should easily hold cash 6 credit cards, driver's license, medical card, and a few photos.

I would also like one with a zipper pocket that is not obvious where I can keep sensitive material like my computer password in case I forget it.

A bi-fold wallet is preferred as I find the tri-folds get thick very quickly.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

There's always this one:

Attachments

• wallet.jpg
    wallet.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 28
I suggest a wallet with built in RFID protection. That way no thief with a little machine in his backpack can scan your ID and credit cards.

Most RFID wallets are plastic or nylon but there are some gorgeous leather ones. Easy to find on Google.

I have one but I'm a girl so I don't know what guys want in a wallet so no specific recommendations.

A properly trained valet should be able to sort out any wallet issues.:cool:

I must be missing something. Why would you carry a wallet when your personal assistant should be taking care of those sorts of details?

However, this may serve:
How-To-Make-A-Duct-Tape-Wallet

Alas, braumeister, in these modern times even my gentlemen's gentleman only works 5 days a week. The days of an ever present Jeeves are over. :D

i bought two wallets over the past few months. One with a zippered section to hold a flat spare car door key. Just in case if I lock myself out. The other for traveling, large enough to hold a passport.

DW wanted to get me a replacement for my old well worn leather wallet. Told her there was one must-have specification, it must be as comfortable as my old one. So she found one, and it fit the bill perfectly (pun intended), sold by Royce Leather. She had told me it was spendy, and until I just looked it up on the net, didn't realize how true that was, but I'm sure she found some way to get it for much less. She is a crafty kind of frugal that way. Quality item, I'm sure it will likely last me for many years. None of the cheap plastic card holders that fall apart in a few weeks at best, I really do like it, as subjective as I may be on the subject.

When we last went to Mexico, I decided to go minimalist, dropping my bi-fold for this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005YEVVHI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

It fits in my front pocket where I could keep better track of it. I also decided to carry only what I use regularly in it, that being drivers license, a couple of credit cards and debit cards. My old wallet had a card holder insert where I keep my insurance cards, fishing license and any other items I don't always need. For the most part, it stays on the dresser or is thrown into my backpack for trips.

While my original plan was to go back to a bi-fold, I've gotten used to not having anything in my back pocket. The thinness of the new wallet is comfortable and easy to keep track of. The only thing I don't like is it get as thick as a wallet if it's holding a lot of bills. I solve this by splitting the bills with a money clip (carried in another pocket), which probably isn't a bad idea anyway.

I got this minimalist AlpineSwiss Leather wallet that I'm happy with. It's been holding up together fantastic, and it's nice to have to limit myself to only four cards and a small bit of cash, or five cards.

I suggest a wallet with built in RFID protection. That way no thief with a little machine in his backpack can scan your ID and credit cards.

Most RFID wallets are plastic or nylon but there are some gorgeous leather ones. Easy to find on Google.

I have one but I'm a girl so I don't know what guys want in a wallet so no specific recommendations.

Good idea.

Been using a binder clip for a while now. Love it, no extra bulk.
For the password, carry a business card, and write something on the back that will help you remember your password (fake address or phone number?).
Also, cheap to try it out!

Looking at this thread, it seems like a lot of good choices out there. I recently went with this: Oil Tin Cloth Tri-Fold Wallet | Filson. My main criteria was to get something durable, so hopefully this will fit the bill. My review is first one on the list. It's not RFID blocking though, so if that is your priority, this may not be right for you.

Inexpensive, RFID safe, unattractive to pickpockets, and you get breath mints.

Keep Your Identity Safe With An Altoid Tin Wallet - HackCollege

Seriously, though, just buy the wallet you want, and don't worry about RFID protection. You can always buy a few of these to put your credit cards in. Much cheaper, unless you're spending big bucks on a wallet anyway. I would just pick up a decent one at Bass Shoes or something, under $20.

Last edited:
After having the regular tri-fold bulky wallet in my back pocket forever, I looked through it to see what I really have used. So I bought a 'card case' on Amazon, have my ID and 2 credit cards (one is 'just in case'), folded a 50,20,10 and 5 dollar bills (just in case), and carry one 'business' card. This is great for my back pocket and soooooooo much more comfortable. I also grab some cash which goes in my front pocket along with my keys on the way out (phone in other front pocket). This has worked perfectly in the past 6-8 months. When I need to carry other cards which is rare, there is still room. No more bulky wallet !!!!

Rich

Back
Top Bottom