Merry Christmas! Share some photos?

laurence

Moderator Emeritus
Merry Christmas to everyone here at my virtual home away from home. It's been quite a year for my family, mostly very good! :)

For Christmas DW, daughter and I exchanged some useful presents ( I actually got underwear-too funny). My favorite present under the tree was "Darth Tader", the Mr. Potato Head Darth Vader, totally awesome! I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and New Years (and Hannukah where applicable!). I'd love to see some photos of holiday fun, here is one that shows me what I'm most greatful for: it's my daughter roughhousing with her youngest uncle, when she was born, we could only hope she'd get this far:

img_349312_0_0e0544b46e9a888b5719651aed8c53c5.jpg

Waaaaah! I wannna darth tater!

Photos...do I haaaave to?

Gabe in his christmas outfit in his recliner.

Attachments

• Gabe 10 months_0063 fixed_1.jpg
    Gabe 10 months_0063 fixed_1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 173
And gabe with santa...yes, I edited the smiley face on to make our christmas card photo. For some reason he wasnt happy at all about being held by a huge fat old man in a red suit...

Attachments

• gabe and santa 2005 smiling III_1.JPG
    gabe and santa 2005 smiling III_1.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 169
() said:
Gabe in his christmas outfit in his recliner.
Heyyyyy.. waitaminnit... didn't that chair used to be on the set of "Blue's Clues"?

Awesome pics, and good idea! We didn't even try a Santa Pic because Tori freaks out when any adult besides DW and I hold her! Darth Tater rules, I'm taking it to work to grace my cube. The silver lining for you is you don't dwell in a cube! ;)

Chair was a costco special. He loves it, although it gets climbed on and knocked over a lot more than sat in.

The photo update made me wish dearly for a copy of photoshop, but i'm too cheap. I used Paint to cut his face from the happy pic with the mouse (making me wish for a touchscreen or touchpad), resized it, used the microsoft photo editor to touch up the skin tone, then paint to resize it and slip it over mr. unhappy face.

I still wanna darth tater! MOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!

Laurence said:
We didn't even try a Santa Pic because Tori freaks out when any adult besides DW and I hold her! 

Hopefully she'll stay that way until she's at least 30.

Thanks for the pics guys! Small children really make the holidays and we don't have any small children in our area anymore. Always makes me wonder if I will ever get to be a grandma. I hope that it happens when the time is right!

Dreamer

Dreamer said:
Thanks for the pics guys!  Small children really make the holidays and we don't have any small children in our area anymore.  Always makes me wonder if I will ever get to be a grandma.  I hope that it happens when the time is right!

Dreamer

DW and I are not holding our breath with 2 adult (and single) children 30 yrs old now.

Neice and grandneice, home from the hospital where grandneice has been awaiting a liver and intestine transplant:

img_349383_0_bfd5a5c50f013aa95627835cac72bf92.jpg

Martha said:
Neice and grandneice, home  from the hospital where grandneice has been awaiting a liver and intestine transplant: 

Nice pic Martha. I wish them the best of luck!

Great pictures everyone, thanks for sharing.

Martha, I hope the transplant is done soon. Poor baby.
Laurence, Tori has beautiful hair.
TH...can't believe how much Gabe has grown.

The wireless headphones were a hit... so were the extra copies of the Harry Potter books that she's only read about a thousand times.

Attachments

• Kid and bunny2.JPG
    Kid and bunny2.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 121
Why is there no food on that rabbit's head? :mad:

judy

Theres some alien influence going on here. Sailor must not have pets. We have 3 dogs, 3 cats and a baby. My house looks like it just took a direct hit from a dirt bomb.

I'll see what I can do about that poor rabbit later on when I get back home from the dr's office. No bunny should have to go about without a potential meal on its head.

KB said:
Cute bunny.  Does he chew things that he shouldn't?
You would not believe the damage caused by that oversized rodent.  Just about everything in his stomping grounds was "yummy" at first, but most of the "edibles" have been consumed and all that's left is the "yucky" stuff.  We've made up for it by scattering around lots of scrap wood & cardboard, in addition to the stuff that he's already reduced to scrap wood & cardboard.  

On a related theme our kid is extremely handy with joint compound, paint brushes, & electrical splices.  You can learn a lot from your pets.

Unfortunately that animal has been declared the most valuable male in the household.  Technically he's no longer a fully-equipped male but my precarious status does not warrant giving anyone any ideas by calling attention to that fact.

Indoor bunnies have a lifespan of 10-12 years.  This one is probably five years old (we got him from the Humane Society) and he could go to his great reward at any time-- usually it's cardiac arrest.  Not that I'm suggesting anything.

REWahoo! said:
Nords, amazing family resemblance between you and your daughter.  Must be the hare hair. :)
Good one!  

Actually our kid is the spitting-image carbon copy of my deceased mother, who has avenged herself from the grave by reducing me to a mere disposable carrier of her genes.

() said:
Theres some alien influence going on here. Sailor must not have pets. We have 3 dogs, 3 cats and a baby. My house looks like it just took a direct hit from a dirt bomb.

Martha and (),
DW had a kick from your comments - thanks.
And to be honest - there is some alien influence going on - I'm an alien (as most of you probably guessed from my not so proper English grammar), but my wife (who is a Yankee) is more aligned with "neat", "clean" and "organized" words.

sailor

Geez, I only have one kid and two neat cats and my house looks like a dirt MOAB hit it, too! That's why I posted a pic from grandma's house, DW would pitch a fit if I posted any recent pics from ours!

Saddams weapons of mass destruction could easily be hidden in my living room and nobody would ever find them.

Collide a 3000 square foot house full of stuff and the wifes 1500sq foot house into an 1800 square foot house, double the pets, add a baby, then throw in baby's first christmas multiplied by generous grandparents and a dad that cant stop buying him things.

Back
Top Bottom