Merry Christmas to all!

Today is the Swedish Christmas. Yes, in Sweden, Christmas is on the 24th. So Lena gets pampered today, and I get pampered tomorrow.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to all of you, and a happy new year!

Today is the Swedish Christmas. Yes, in Sweden, Christmas is on the 24th. So Lena gets pampered today, and I get pampered to tomorrow.
Same with our Norwegian family, too bad I married a French-Canadian Catholic (strictly Dec 25th)...

As much as I enjoy nearly everyone on the forum, I feel it incumbent on me to represent the other side.

Tom Lehrer's Christmas Carol

Tom Lehrer A Christmas Carol Lyrics
One very familiar type of song is the christmas carol. although it is perhaps a bit out of season at this time. however, I'm informed by my "disk jockey" friends - of whom I have none,
In order to get a song popular by christmas time, you have to start plugging it well in advance. so here goes. it has always seemed to me after all. that christmas, with it's spirit of giving, o
Us all a wonderful opportunity each year to reflect on what we all most sincerely and deeply believe in.

I refer of course, to money. and yet none of the christmas carols that you hear on the radio or in the street, even attempt to capture the true spirit of christmas as we celebrate it in the United States. that is to say the commercial spirit. so I should like to offer the following christmas carol for next year, as being perhaps a bit more appropriate.

Christmas time is here, by golly,
Disapproval would be folly,
Deck the halls with hunks of holly,
Fill the cup and don't say "when."
Kill the turkeys, ducks and chickens,
Mix the punch, drag out the dickens,
Even though the prospect sickens,
Brother, here we go again.

On christmas day you can't get sore,
Your fellow man you must adore,
There's time to rob him all the more
The other three hundred and sixty-four.

Relations, sparing no expense'll
Send some useless old utensil,
Or a matching pen and pencil.
"just the thing I need! how nice!"
It doesn't matter how sincere it
Is, nor how heartfelt the spirit,
Sentiment will not endear it,
What's important is the price.

Hark the herald tribune sings,
Advertising wondrous things.
God rest ye merry, merchants,
May you make the yuletide pay.
Angels we have heard on high
Tell us to go out and buy!

So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
Driving his reindeer across the sky.
Don't stand underneath when they fly by.
Actually I did rather well myself, this last christmas. the nicest present I received was a gift certificate "good at any hospital for a lobotomy". rather thoughtful.

as Tiny Tim said...
God bless us, every one!

Merry Christmas, all.

Merry Christmas! No white Christmas here, in fact I have never experienced a white one. But it's pouring rain this morning. :(

Merry Christmas to everyone. No white Christmas here for sure. Forecast is for 81 degrees today.

Of all days for this to happen, some scruffy looking bearded guy in a red suit tried to break in last night. I managed to disable him with a fireplace poker... :LOL:

Merry Christmas to all, and a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous 2012.:dance:

Strange Christmas Facts

Saint Nicholas of Myra, the original Santa Claus, was the patron saint of children, thieves and pawnbrokers.

Based on previous surveys, 17 percent of you will embarrass yourselves in some way at your office Christmas party.

It's Donder, not Donner.

Christmas pudding should be stirred from east to west.

56 percent of Americans sing holiday carols to their pets.

53 percent of Americans plan to "re-gift" this year.

1 in 3 men will wait until Christmas Eve to finish their shopping.

1 in 6 men would like to get rid of all the "gift-giving nonsense."

A traditional Christmas dinner in early England was the head of a pig prepared with mustard.

On Christmas Eve in 2001, the Bethlehem Hotel had 208 of its 210 rooms free.

It's "God rest ye merry, gentlemen," not "God rest ye, merry gentlemen."

There are 1.76 billion candy canes produced every year.

Kris Kringel, a man in his 40s, lives in North Pole, Alaska, and delivers pizzas for a living. He drives a 1984 Ford Tempo.

Based on a 1999 estimated population count of North America and Europe, on Christmas Eve of that year Santa Claus had to visit 42,466,666 homes in a 12-hour period -- that's 983 homes per second.

I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

The Eastern Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas in January 7th. In the Ukraine they celebrate both days. There are a few of these folks around these parts.
We leave our lights up until January 7th. Getting ready for another .....

Merry Christmas!

A very fun version, but can't your church take up a collection to buy the young man some long pants. That looks cold.:cool:

Mele Kalikimake to everyone.

Apparently the young lad wears only shorts year round!

Also uneducated as I am, I was informed that shorts are preferred when playing the drums (like those for rock bands). Amazing what one can learn once retired!

Happy New Year to all.

Back
Top Bottom