Mexican imports~ not exactly what we need

REWahoo! said:
No. But I have seen a large man resembling Gert Frobe wearing lederhosen and carrying what appears to be a flugelhorn case hanging around the mailbox. Guess maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the oompah bands...
I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as he doesn't step on a scorpion, fire ant, or rattlesnake!

modhatter said:
Anyone arguing the point here has obviously not spent very much time in Mexico or other third world countris.

Amen to that. Folks go crazy being PC and "fair". Lucky for them that their sweet and loving attitudes will likely never be tested by street level experience in Latin countries. The best of them make New Jersey or Chicago seem perfect.

How many former US presidents do we have living in exile?

Not directly about corruption but just people’s expectations of honesty, yesterday I saw a young woman leave her purse and laptop on a table in an espresso bar while she went shopping in a store next door. She might have been gone 15 minutes. No one even approached her stuff.

Not recommending this even in the great NW, but people are amazingly trusting, and for the most part they get away with this carelessness.

Ha

REWahoo! said:
And you've set foot along our border with Mexico exactly how many times?

About 20.........including my honeymoon in Ixtapa, several sojurns to Tiajuana, Oxtaca (spelling), etc. Got admit the cardboard shacks you fly over for 10 miles on the way to the Mexico City airport are sobering............ :(

Some of the hardest working folks I know are here illegally, and since we're not even enforcing the laws WE ALREADY HAVE on the books to control it, why is it their fault they come here??

MODERATOR EDIT: corrected quote

FinanceDude said:
Some of the hardest working folks I know are here illegally, and since we're not even enforcing the laws WE ALREADY HAVE on the books to control it, why is it their fault they come here??

Dude, I think you are missing the point. I'm not taking issue with immigration laws or trying to say it is anyone's fault they want to improve their lives. My point, as the news article relates, is paying bribes in Mexico is commonplace and that practice is growing along the US side of the border.

REWahoo! said:
Dude, I think you are missing the point. I'm not taking issue with immigration laws or trying to say it is anyone's fault they want to improve their lives. My point, as the news article relates, is paying bribes in Mexico is commonplace and that practice is growing along the US side of the border.

And this surprises you, how?? :D :D

Bribes and corruption are rampant in certain parts of the US. When I lived in Florida, I knew several county sheriffs that knew how to "fix things"................. :p :p

Really?? I read the whole thread, and all that kept getting restated was how bribes are commonplace in Mexico, and now along the US border.

Two of my clients used to work Border Patrol, and they have enlightened me with some stories that are quite "interesting"............

FinanceDude said:
Two of my clients used to work Border Patrol, and they have enlightened me with some stories that are quite "interesting"............

Uh Oh. Please don't let this be an introduction to a bunch of obnoxious racist statements about Canadians...
img_461790_0_7dab5df9aa0afbe36d0aad4feb743f62.gif

REWahoo! said:
Uh Oh. Please don't let this be an introduction to a bunch of obnoxious racist statements about Canadians...
img_461794_0_7dab5df9aa0afbe36d0aad4feb743f62.gif

Filthy bastards. Coming over here and stealing our jobs, massed against our border...

REWahoo! said:
img_461795_0_7dab5df9aa0afbe36d0aad4feb743f62.gif

Man, you gotta chill..........pants too tight or something?? :D :D :LOL:

REWahoo! said:
Next thing you know all the states that border Canada will start offering health care...

Mayonnaise on everything...

I dated a French girl from Quebec for a while..........love those Canadiens................... ;)

FinanceDude said:
I dated a French girl from Quebec for a while..........love those Canadiens................... ;)

Gah! Both French and Canadian! Alert Rush Limbaugh!

REWahoo! said:
We've got a big German population down here and the number of oompah bands is larger than anywhere else in the state. I suppose that's a racist statement, too.

no, it's always ok to make fun of Germans. For some reason that's always PC. Remember, the Bill Dana show got banned (Jose' Jimenez), but "Springtime for Hitler" is a huge hit. Go figure. And let's not forget Hogan's Heros! Those lovable Nazis!!

Back
Top Bottom