Mike Conners "Mannix"

+1 That was one of my favorite TV shows growing up... I still remember the music for it.

He had a great TV series. RIP

Geez, it's getting so I don't want to open any threads....Is it gonna be one of those years?

One less thing that I didn't know before (and there are many, many), and that I know now, is that he was Charles Aznavour's cousin.

I used to watch this with my Dad. My, aren't we all getting old.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I predict a lot of aging actors, like Mike Connors at 91, will pass away this year. RIP.

The series "Mannix" got me interested in Plymouth and Dodge cars back in the late 60's and early 70's. I don't have any of the older cars anymore (sold my 68 Charger a while back) but I still have one of the companies latest models.

"Joe Mannix" was the reason why my brother wanted to be a stunt man as a kid. That never did happen for in his own mind he was one.

I remember Mannix as a kid. Seems like he was always getting beaten up, thrown into the trunk of a car that was sent off a cliff. Dude was more indestructible than Keith Richards.

Loved that show. I doubt it holds up today, but it was good then. Plus he wasn't a pretty boy. He looked like he could get down and dirty.

I remember Mannix as a kid. Seems like he was always getting beaten up, thrown into the trunk of a car that was sent off a cliff. Dude was more indestructible than Keith Richards.
I read somewhere recently that he was shot 17 times and knocked out 55 times during the series.

The actress who played Della Street on Perry Mason just passed away as well.

Also, don't forget when the brakes on his car would get rigged so he can't stop. TV at it's best :)/

Back
Top Bottom