Military: E to O?

For tuition assistance you are correct. But don't you have the 911 GI Bill? Go for a masters. I think we had a guy in grad school doing AFROTC? Might want to check out their website.

Tomcat98

KB Ninja -
Apply again! It took me the second time around - after I added a few initials after my name and started grad school. Keep applying until you get selected. Make sure you are NOT just doing this for the money (you will suck as an officer and get no real respect) Your time in the military should be enjoyable! You have the heard the phrase, "when you are no longer having fun, go home!" All have provided great advice, so ditto what the other posters have said. I have a few sailors that I am nagging about putting in their comm packages - because of their dedication to their service today - and have the desire to stay in for the long haul, and I believe they will be outstanding officers. If it is in your heart - do it!

This has nothing to do with your situation.

We had a young crew chief that worked hard, got his degree, and applied for OCS. He was well liked by the pilots and many of us and the commander wrote letters. He was accepted!, and he went out and smoked some weed to celebrate, got caught, and ended up with a dishonorable discharge instead.

This has nothing to do with your situation.

We had a young crew chief that worked hard, got his degree, and applied for OCS. He was well liked by the pilots and many of us and the commander wrote letters. He was accepted!, and he went out and smoked some weed to celebrate, got caught, and ended up with a dishonorable discharge instead.

Reminds me of an AFN commercial :LOL:

Guy gets picked up for Officer's training, and drives home from the club intoxicated. End result was losing his OCS slot, suspended license, and all of the money he and his wife saved up for a house was spent on legal fees.

YouTube - AFN Commercial - Drinking and Driving a Choice You'll Regret

Back
Top Bottom