Misc. "Miracle" Products

I love this product.

SEA FOAM PRODUCTS FOR SMALL ENGINES

I use Seafoam on everything from outboards to weed eaters. Good stuff. Haven't had to unclog a seldom-used carburetor in years and years.....

Yesterday I stopped at the auto parts store and bought one of those "headlight restorer" kits. Cause the lenses on the old 2003 Taurus were pretty cloudy and the headlights were getting dimmer and dimmer.

I bought the cheapest kit they had, the Turtle Wax kit for 8 bucks. Followed the whole procedure and voila;

34677325746_3d5145bd77_z.jpg

Pretty cool eh? They said it makes headlights look brand new and they weren't lying - :)

Dang Robbie, you just spend like a drunken sailor!
I use toothpaste from the dollar store for that job.

Thought of another...

Invisible Glass (found in the auto supplies section of stores like WalMart, Meijer's, etc.. Probably available at auto parts stores, too.)

It's a far better glass and mirror cleaner than Windex (no dyes = no streaking).

omni

Last edited:
I love this product.

SEA FOAM PRODUCTS FOR SMALL ENGINES

Start easier, run cleaner, run smoother! Use Sea Foam products to safely and effectively clean and lubricate all makes and types of small engines including lawn mowers, snow blowers, generators, trimmers, chainsaws…You name it! Sea Foam works quick to dissolve gum & varnish residues, restore lost engine power, stabilize fuel, lubricate upper cylinders, and protect small engine fuel systems and equipment from wear and corrosion.

+1 on Seafoam. It's amazing.

Anova Sous Vide circulator. It comes apart and stores in a drawer. I have a polycarbonate box I use with it, with a cut out lid.

Food saver. Vacuum packs for sous vide, marinade, and freezing. I make salad in a jar--cut up lettuce, stuff it in a clean Mason jar, then vacuum pack--It lasts 3 weeks fresh in the refrigerator.

Many of the products mentioned in this thread by others. I learned about almost all of them through you fine folks over the past 3 years.

Seems like most things posted so far have been cleaners of some variety, so I'll go a slightly different direction: psyllium husk powder.

Ever since I first discovered it a few years ago and gave it a trial run, I've been hooked. In addition to dramatically improving overall digestive "regularity", it has other reported benefits such as improved blood sugar / insulin regulation and lowering LDL and total cholesterol levels. I honestly can't think of a single thing I've ever tried (from a nutrition or supplement standpoint) that has ever been this noticeably beneficial to my day-to-day life.

And it's relatively cheap compared to many supplements. :D

Seems like most things posted so far have been cleaners of some variety, so I'll go a slightly different direction: psyllium husk powder.

Ever since I first discovered it a few years ago and gave it a trial run, I've been hooked. In addition to dramatically improving overall digestive "regularity", it has other reported benefits such as improved blood sugar / insulin regulation and lowering LDL and total cholesterol levels. I honestly can't think of a single thing I've ever tried (from a nutrition or supplement standpoint) that has ever been this noticeably beneficial to my day-to-day life.

+1. Been using it for about 3 months. One unexpected benefit is that it eliminated skid marks. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Waterpik. My dentist recommended it as a substitute for flossing (you should still floss occasionally, he says).

I have one (dentist recommended) and it does work good. Blasts the crap outta the gap!

Get a bidet and you won't have skid marks whatever you eat.

Back
Top Bottom