Misc. "Miracle" Products

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I believe there was a thread along these lines a while back, but a few recent positive experiences prompted me to start this new thread. In no particular order:

1) Zud cleanser. I've been using this product for years and it's a miracle cure for hard to clean items. Case in point: My new toaster oven had burn "stains" on the front where the top of door lid met the oven body. Zud and non-scratch scouring pad cleaned it without any difficulty.

2) You Tube for advice........on anything.

3) Vinegar and water is the other miracle cleaner. Thanks to You Tube, I made a mixture of vinegar and water and easily cleaned the salt stains on my car's floor carpet.

Miracle Thaw. Melts ice like ice cream on a hot summer day.

1) Bar *Keeper's Friend - a cleanser with mild abrasives just strong enough to clean things without wrecking them --sinks, ovens, stainless steel, tile, etc. (I prefer the liquid version).

2) Miracle Cleaning Eraser (Walmart store brand) = Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, removes spots/scuff marks on walls, soap scum, removed "bluing" from using a kitchen soup pot on a hot gas barbecue grill

+1 on vinegar & water

omni

*EDIT: corrected name to Bar Keeper's (thanks, Murf)

Last edited:
1) Bar Cleaner's Friend - a cleanser with mild abrasives just strong enough to clean things without wrecking them --sinks, ovens, stainless steel, tile, etc. (I prefer the liquid version).

2) Miracle Cleaning Eraser (Walmart store brand) = Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, removes spots/scuff marks on walls, soap scum, removed "bluing" from using a kitchen soup pot on a hot gas barbecue grill

+1 on vinegar & water

omni

+1 on Barkeeper's Friend.

+1 on Magic Eraser

I believe it is Bar Keepers Friend. I agree, it is great stuff.
Murf

I thought this thread would be about stuff marketed on daytime TV, e.g. one day dental implants, jellyfish extract for your memory, etc.
I'm

De-Solv-It. It's an oily, citrus, liquid and I first used it to remove tar from the carpet. It will remove anything sticky. I've had the same bottle for years. I should probably try it out on more thing than my carpet!

My favorites things to get different jobs done:

1- WD40 (works on many things)
2- Corona Light :) (works for me on almost everything)

BTW, I think utube is great for DIY instructional videos

Last edited:
Funny. I immediately thought "I'll post Barkeeper's Friend!" when I saw this thread's title, only to find people beat me to it! It really is wonderful stuff! I'm never without it.
Also--Miracle Cloths. Yes, that's the name. They are the best microfiber cloths of all.
Also, Nature's Miracle for cat "accidents." Enzyme cleaner that really does eliminate both the stain and the smell. Really!

Thought of a few more.

3) Goof Off "The Ultimate Remover" - solvent, great for sticky things, dried latex paint, gum, candle wax, crayons & markers

4) Un-du Adhesive Remover "Remove it and reuse it with un-du" (a similar product is sold by Goo Gone as Sticker Lifter)- temporary solvent -- will let you remove a sticky item (like a pressure-sensitive or self-stick item: price sticker, label, tape, velcro, etc) with no damage to item or what it is stuck to... and often , if done quickly, you can reglue it. Also great for removing gum, grease, tar, shelf liner, velcro, etc. It's photo safe and acid free. Not effective on water-based labels.

5) Krud Kutter concentrated cleaner - Nontoxic, biodegradable, non flammable, non abrasive -- and a fabulous cleaner. Cuts grease, grime, tar, oil, wax...for home, showers, carpets, clothes, autos, boats. (I learned about this product years ago when my SO's dad paid a lady to detail his (filthy) boat. She basically used KK and a rag on all the external surfaces. Afterwards, the boat looked great. She got a nice tan while working in her bikini plus about $350 for the job. (A gallon of KK runs about $20).)

omni

Dawn....
for dishes, windows, car, and anywhere there is grease, including the car engine. Also oil covered birds.
Only takes a few drops to create streak-free wash and air dry on the car, without drying towels.

+1 on the erasers... use them for everything....kitchen, bath, rust, glass stovetop, pots and pans, car scratches, dings. Probably the best product in the past 50 years.

Dollar Tree Awesome Cleaner (Calcium, Lime, Rust), not as good as CLR, but less than 1/5th the price @$1, so you can keep one in every room. Sprayer included, so no spill.

Goo Gone - removes adhesives and other tough stuff

True Lime - dehydrated lime juice as good as the real thing and in little packets. Perfect for Gin....

Funny. I immediately thought "I'll post Barkeeper's Friend!" when I saw this thread's title, only to find people beat me to it! It really is wonderful stuff! I'm never without it.
Also--Miracle Cloths. Yes, that's the name. They are the best microfiber cloths of all.
Also, Nature's Miracle for cat "accidents." Enzyme cleaner that really does eliminate both the stain and the smell. Really!

I'll have to try the Nature's Miracle. My old cats tend to throw up on the carpet and I find it two days later. So far Spot Shot has been the best carpet cleaner that I can buy at the store but Home Pro Spotter from Steamatic Carpet Cleaners has been my favorite.

Last edited:
I can't find anything that makes our relatively new stainless steel appliances look like new. Have tried several of the stainless steel wipes as well as olive oil. Any suggestions?

I can't find anything that makes our relatively new stainless steel appliances look like new. Have tried several of the stainless steel wipes as well as olive oil. Any suggestions?

Sheila Shine

Works very well!

Anyone know of a miracle product that will keep the neighborhood cats from using my front yard as the privy?

I'll have to try the Nature's Miracle. My old cats tend to throw up on the carpet and I find it two days later. So far Spot Shot has been the best carpet cleaner that I can buy at the store

I agree about Spot Shot. I use it too. However, for urine stains (sadly, I've had a few of these since my very old guy is losing it) Nature's Miracle is superb. If you don't get all the smell out, cats will return to it...

Yesterday I stopped at the auto parts store and bought one of those "headlight restorer" kits. Cause the lenses on the old 2003 Taurus were pretty cloudy and the headlights were getting dimmer and dimmer.

I bought the cheapest kit they had, the Turtle Wax kit for 8 bucks. Followed the whole procedure and voila;

34677325746_3d5145bd77_z.jpg

Pretty cool eh? They said it makes headlights look brand new and they weren't lying - :)

Seems like most things posted so far have been cleaners of some variety, so I'll go a slightly different direction: psyllium husk powder.

Ever since I first discovered it a few years ago and gave it a trial run, I've been hooked. In addition to dramatically improving overall digestive "regularity", it has other reported benefits such as improved blood sugar / insulin regulation and lowering LDL and total cholesterol levels. I honestly can't think of a single thing I've ever tried (from a nutrition or supplement standpoint) that has ever been this noticeably beneficial to my day-to-day life.

I love this product.

SEA FOAM PRODUCTS FOR SMALL ENGINES

Start easier, run cleaner, run smoother! Use Sea Foam products to safely and effectively clean and lubricate all makes and types of small engines including lawn mowers, snow blowers, generators, trimmers, chainsaws…You name it! Sea Foam works quick to dissolve gum & varnish residues, restore lost engine power, stabilize fuel, lubricate upper cylinders, and protect small engine fuel systems and equipment from wear and corrosion.

Back
Top Bottom