More than the usual phone, robocall, or email weirdness

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Besides an uptick in incoming calls with no one on the line, I've been getting calls from credit agencies for someone (not me).

Now I'm getting computer calls telling me that I need to give more information confirming my "daughter's eligibility" for insurance (nope, not me). When I call back there's no way to get a real person to tell them they have the wrong number. (This is one reason you don't always want to wait for an ACA provider to contact you if you should have heard from them by now - what if they have messed up your contact info?)

Next, getting email from a health group in the area. Here's some creative wording:

"Please note for your next appointment at any P****a Medical Group Care Center, our policy is to collect a $150 deposit or credit card information to settle the remaining balance after insurance has paid their part. By doing this, we’ll be able to process payments and refunds more promptly. This policy saves you time and effort."

Mostly, I enter these wrong number in contacts on my phone and put a silent ringtone on it so it doesn't bother me again.

Technology is not always our friend...

Just ignore the calls. Don't answer or call back. I just let everything go to voice mail and never pick up such calls.

Just ignore the calls. Don't answer or call back. I just let everything go to voice mail and never pick up such calls.

Yes, that's what we do but I still find it incredibly annoying to hear the phone ringing ~3x a day with this nonsense. Why something can't be done about it is frustrating. I'm about done with the land line for this reason but it's starting to sneak in on the cell phone too. Argh. :mad:

+1 about technology is not always your friend.

I ordered something on Amazon today and get an email saying the package shipped USPS, and the tracking number is such and such. So, I cut/paste the tracking number and look. The status shows that items with that tracking number were delivered on 12/3. What's going on? Is the USPS now reusing tracking numbers? Or perhaps a glitch in the system? Technology not always your friend. :facepalm:

We were getting so many robocalls on our land line (magic jack, actually). We forwarded the phone to google voice. Since the robocalls don't like to leave messages - I just get notices of missed calls. Very few actual people try to reach us on that number anymore.

We were getting so many robocalls on our land line (magic jack, actually). We forwarded the phone to google voice. Since the robocalls don't like to leave messages - I just get notices of missed calls. Very few actual people try to reach us on that number anymore.

We (I, against DW's wishes) dumped the landline for that reason. On the mobile, I use Mr. Number for a spam/Robo call blocker (Android).

When I get those calls on my cell phone I don't answer them and I then block them (iPhone). We never answer our voip line and in fact it is set on fax, so the idiot on the other end, if human, gets that screechy fax noise. It serves them right.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Today must have been robocall day for me. I got about 6 calls today on my landline. I do have a blocker that only rings once before blocking. I guess Tuesdays are a busy day for telemarketers.

Back
Top Bottom