Most Annoying Commercial

The geico gecko
I'd like to fry him up with some fava beans & a nice Chianti !!

Anything loud, jarring and repeated endlessly makes me hate whatever product they are pushing, especially on podcasts when it’s right in my ears.

I agree there is no reason to play adverts at a higher volume level is not necessary.

There is one commercial that I adore and will sprint to catch all of it if DH is watching and I’m occupied elsewhere - the Applebee’s one with a current C&W tune and clips of people dancing. Honestly, it’s just so freaking happy and upbeat.

For most of my life, a dinner at a restaurant was indeed, a big deal.

+1

Aww. I have liked him since the 90's, back when he was telling people, "No, I can't save you money on car insurance! I'm a gecko!"

The geico gecko
I'd like to fry him up with some fava beans & a nice Chianti !!

When we cancelled our Liberty Mutual policy to switch to a lower cost provider, I made a point to the phone agent about not wanting to pay high policy rates to support the incessant LM advertising

Annoying ads- Extended Auto Warranty plans and Medicare Advantage plans.
Also annoying US mail.

I recently got a HELOC, now I'm receiving offers for mortgage protection insurance (life insurance) I'm stuffing the return envelopes with Extended Auto Warranty plan flyers and others with Medicare Advantage Plan flyers.

Aww, don't you want to get all the benefits you deserve? [snark]

I also don't like the Medicare ads flooding my mailbox. They all have pictures of old people on them. The nerve!

Also annoying US mail.

I recently got a HELOC, now I'm receiving offers for mortgage protection insurance (life insurance) I'm stuffing the return envelopes with Extended Auto Warranty plan flyers and others with Medicare Advantage Plan flyers.

I get constant calls on the extended Auto Warranty plans. I do have fun with them when it isn't a robo call.

The most annoying commercials to me are the political candidate ads. Doesn't matter which party, or which level of government.

Any commercial for a drug that shows families having a picnic in the park, seniors walking on the beach, young couples laughing and holding hands . . . all while the narrator describes the potential side effects of the product (severe stomach upset, trouble breathing/swallowing, dementia, death, do not take if you are allergic, if symptoms persist consult your doctor, etc.) . . . and then a close on happy smiles all around.

Also annoying US mail.

Geez, I got two more mortgage protection offers today.

We get offers all the time to refinance our nonexistent mortgage.

These things are just blanket-mailed. I'm sure everyone in our zip code got the same mailing.

Geez, I got two more mortgage protection offers today.

My favorite is "suicidal ideation."

This product will clear up your toenail fungus, and in addition you may find you want to kill yourself.

Any commercial for a drug that shows families having a picnic in the park, seniors walking on the beach, young couples laughing and holding hands . . . all while the narrator describes the potential side effects of the product (severe stomach upset, trouble breathing/swallowing, dementia, death, do not take if you are allergic, if symptoms persist consult your doctor, etc.) . . . and then a close on happy smiles all around.

We get offers all the time to refinance our nonexistent mortgage.

These things are just blanket-mailed. I'm sure everyone in our zip code got the same mailing.

Oh, I'm sure I'm getting mine because I recently got a HELOC. They know my bank and unless it is coincidence, they know the amount of my HELOC.

Kit Kat TV ad......they used to have a few different ones, none of which I understood would encourage buying a Kit Kat. But in the last couple of months they are airing just one of these, A LOT. It's a supposedly humorous one of a vampire lying inside a Kit Kat bar. And when I mean they play it a lot, I mean they play it not just a lot, but often repeat within a couple of minutes of each other during the TV show's single commercial break.
As soon as I see the commercial come on, I mute the TV.

On tip I heard about the drug TV commercials is to close your eyes while listening to the commercial. It's an entirely different experience when you do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom