Most annoying foible of your spouse or SO

Another one happened just this AM...we have some country mice who have set up camp in our garage. Traps are set by me, and dh2b is the designated trap checker every morning. Great white hunter and all that.
When a mouse is caught, he just HAS TO give me the graphic details of the capture.
Sometimes he will even bring up the carcass in the ziploc and place it where I can see it if I'm not paying attention. All of this is going on at 530 AM. :nonono:
I am completely grossed out :( , but he persists. And laughs!

I think I can honestly say that Frank has no annoying foibles* that cause me any irritation or aggravation. At least, I can't think of any.

Our situation is a little different since we don't live together. So, at home each of us can arrange things and do things as we please. We are happy when we are together, and focused on one another rather than this type of thing. If one of us starts to get annoyed over the little stuff like this, usually it means that some alone time is in order. No big deal and we get together again later.

I know it is harder for people choosing to live together but right now we are enjoying the "going steady" part of a relationship, and have been for the past nine years or so. No need to rush into things. :)

*Sometimes I worry about "big picture" stuff like whether he will have enough money to retire at his preferred standard of living, but that isn't really an annoying foible.

Last edited:
DW also does the dish soaking thing. I dislike that, but don't make an issue of it. There are some things worth fighting about and that isn't one of them. She eats all the chocolate Tootsie Roll Pops first, leaving none for me.

Worst of all, she "talks in circles". When I was thinking of marrying her that was the issue I had to think about the most - could I live with that? While rationally, logically, I understand that it is a common female trait and it is about building/maintaining connections, her roundabout way of getting to the point sometimes drives me nuts. I can often summarize what she just said in five minutes of talking in one sentence, which, of course, drives her nuts.

And she squeezes the toothpaste tube in the middle instead of on the end as God intended.

DW starts talking from another room. I then have to find out if the discussion is directed at me, the cat or herself.

Okay, this is an inherited one of mine. My dad has always said that my mom waits until he is underneath a piece of loud machinery 4 rooms away before she asks him a question in a near whisper.

I like to wait until DH is in the laundry room and I'm three rooms away before I ask him questions in a low mumble.

Or so he says.

Anyone whose partner reads this forum is excused!
You guys gotta be kidding me. No relationship veteran would get suckered into this one.

How do you know your SOs aren't already reading the forum? Or, worse yet, that one of their acquaintances might tell them to search the forum for keyword "foible" and your commentary is their intro to the forum? Or, the ultimate doomsday scenario, that your mother-in-law isn't calling her dear child now to tell them about your latest post?

Spouse and I agreed long ago that our little foibles are actually charming differences.

Now if you want to talk annoying foibles of our children...

DW starts talking from another room. I then have to find out if the discussion is directed at me, the cat or herself.

My two biggest foibles per DW: I give way too much detail when telling a story. And I love having lists (packing, weekend chores (we still w*rk), shopping, etc)

Am I married to you?:LOL:

You guys gotta be kidding me. No relationship veteran would get suckered into this one.

How do you know your SOs aren't already reading the forum? Or, worse yet, that one of their acquaintances might tell them to search the forum for keyword "foible" and your commentary is their intro to the forum? Or, the ultimate doomsday scenario, that your mother-in-law isn't calling her dear child now to tell them about your latest post?

Spouse and I agreed long ago that our little foibles are actually charming differences.

Now if you want to talk annoying foibles of our children...
Aw c'mon...dh2b is on board and was laughing.
But I can't get him to do a guest post about me. :(
It will be in another universe that I actually 'fess up to one of my own. :LOL:

How do you know your SOs aren't already reading the forum? .

Sigh... this morning I found a small pile of empty Popsicle boxes next to the coffee pot.

When DH doesn't complete a project, I have to add the finishing touch....
I can't believe no one picked up on that one.....:whistle:

Ok..so after DH works out in the yard, he'll come in and say, "Am I dirty?" Then he'll rip off his t shirt and chase me around the house.

Are you living with my DH:confused: Seriously - same deal here. I once said something about this practice and his solution was to buy several boxes and then leave all the empty boxes in the freezer. Grrr.....

OTOH I am prolly not all that perfect either - so I am trying to view this collection of frozen boxes as some kind of new frugality to be admired. Maybe the freezer runs more economically with the dead spaces filled with cardboard...

Frank leaves stuff like that in his freezer, too. He thinks it prevents bug infestations. He takes it out to add to his trash on trash day.

Doesn't bother me, though! When I am at his house and he offers me a yogurt, I dutifully put the container in the freezer when I'm done. At my house, the freezer just has food in it, not empty boxes and containers.

I can't believe no one picked up on that one.....:whistle:

This is good. I've been wondering "Does BB pitch these softballs intentionally?" and now I know the answer! I was just deciding on the best response when I saw your reply.

My wife has no foibles or bad habits whatsoever.

I can't believe that you can't believe no one picked up on that one....

DH is lucky you are so handy.:whistle:
Well, when you're familiar with the map, you know where to point your finger...:angel:

This is good. I've been wondering "Does BB pitch these softballs intentionally?" and now I know the answer! I was just deciding on the best response when I saw your reply.
I was trying to hold back...but I couldn't take it any longer....:ROFLMAO:

My wife has no foibles or bad habits whatsoever.

Thanks T-Al. That one sentence probably saved me a bunch of marital disharmony. :)

If I had to vote on best foible, it would be Sarah in SC's empty ice cream sandwich boxes. I got a laugh out of that one. Luckily that doesn't happen in my house (intentionally).

Back
Top Bottom