Mrs. O ~ Just trying to make ends meet...

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
It's a real shame that her kids are charged so much for music and dance lessons, but there is no other choice. Is there?

Mrs. Obama also bemoaned the amount of money she has to spend — nearly one-third of the median household income in Zanesville — on piano, dance, and other lessons for her two children. But she was grateful for the concern her husband's supporters have shown for her. "Everywhere I go, no matter what, the women in the audience, their first question for me is, 'How on earth are you managing it, how are you keeping it all together?'" she told the women.

The Corner on National Review Online=

The National Review gets the Golden Puss award for a particularly catty article.
maneki.jpg

Stick to the issues. Who cares about this other stuff. Really.

"In 2006, the Chicago Tribune reported that Mrs. Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she is a vice president for community affairs, jumped from $121,910 in 2004, just before her husband was elected to the Senate, to $316,962 in 2005, just after he took office. And that does not count the money Mrs. Obama receives from serving on corporate boards. She would have been O.K. even without Jack’s magic beans."

I have a funny feeling that she will survive. =)

What this country needs is a decent guvment program to pay for dance/music lessons for the upperclass.

and............yes, we may get it.:(

poor baby (Mrs O). i hear a teeny tiny violin playing in the background, a sad song indeed for her troubles.
holding it together? superglue is a girlz best friend (after diamonds and kleenex) :rolleyes:

She'll make a great First Lady........:(

Oh, dear. How could anyone be expected to squeak by on just $300+K a year? Life is so hard. <sniff, sniff.>

Oh, dear. How could anyone be expected to squeak by on just $300+K a year? Life is so hard. <sniff, sniff.>

Obama married into money, same as John McCain..............:D

Not for or against anyone, but I think Mrs. Obama's father was a Chicago city water plant employee (I believe a plumber) and her mother was a secretary, so Barack didn't marry into too much money there....

The National Review gets the Golden Puss award for a particularly catty article.
maneki.jpg

Stick to the issues. Who cares about this other stuff. Really.

I agree, that article was a patchwork that distorted the issues Michelle discusses when she gives a talk. I've heard the whole talk and agree with her.

She's saying that she knows how tough it was for her to pay off those loans (combined w/ her husband's) that it must be incredibly hard to impossible for "regular" people...which it is.

Well, Obama IS the "poorest" of the bunch running for Prez:

"Barack Obama is the "poorest," with assets of $405,000 to $1.03 million, not counting equity in his $1.9 million house. "

:p

Millionaires-in-chief - Dec. 10, 2007

This doesn't bode well. The guy is one year younger than me his wife earns more than I ever did. He got a $2 million book advance (which I guess they used to pay down debts. :() . Income last year of 915K. How come he has total liquid assets are less than I have in my IRA?! I wonder if 1.9 million house in Chicago!! and music lessons for the kids are example of their fiscal discipline. Oh well, unlike Bush 43, Obama never claimed to want to reduce government spending.

OOOOOh, goodie! A Black Nancy Reagan!!! I agree: gag ME with a spoon!

Book advances - a "paid" place on the board of a few coporations or non-profits for themselves or their sposue - university positions - "jobs" in consultant firms, think tanks, etc - these are some of the way up & coming political prospects are financed (read: bought & paid-for)

Back
Top Bottom