Multi-Position Ladders, ‘greatest thing since sliced bread’

I would suggest given all the moveable parts on the ladder a good spray from a can of silicone lubricant, may need to repeat once a year or so.
Yeah, I was about to do that on the sticky button. The other parts slid a little too quickly though, which caused the pinches.

That’s neat in theory, but I watched this same ladder telescope down and collapse on a guy as he was trying to climb into our attic. He quickly jumped off, but not before it took out a nice chunk of drywall. It just didn’t look stable.
What's to dislike? Comes with free drywall and finger removal. :facepalm:

I used a telescoping ladder like this one for a number of years when actively managing and maintaining 53 rental units. It was great - collapsed it fit upright behind the driver's seat and would lean against a one story gutter. Did have a slight tendency to spin as it didn't have a wide footprint, and after some time and wear and grit it decided that collapsing a rung or two while I was on it was good fun. Only let that happen a couple times. It is out waiting to go to the scrap yard, but I kinda hate to see it leave.

Had a Little Giant also, but as scaffolding.... not a fan:

I bought a 17-ft. Little Giant ladder at Costco last year. I used it probably half a dozen times before one of the angle locks became hard to line up. Shortly thereafter one of the pins on the lock broke off. It may have been defective out of the box, but I returned it and chose another brand.

Back
Top Bottom