My Generation . . .

sgeeeee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well . . . they're not really my generation, but I thought others might enjoy:
:) :D :D

just the sort of thing our generation now ought to be playing on mtv so that in 20-30 years when we are in our 80s & 90s, the younger of that day will know how cool (relevant) we still are.

I was walking through a flea market yesterday and an elderly lady had a radio playing the Rolling Stones while she was setting up her booth. I thought to myself, isn't she a little too old for that but then I caught myself and remembered that The Stones are probably older than this woman.

Anybody else remember when the Stones said "never trust anyone over 30?" Ah, the hubris of youth! LOL.

LKH said:
Anybody else remember when the Stones said "never trust anyone over 30?" Ah, the hubris of youth! LOL.

My source for things musical suggests Dylan as the quotee.

Outtahere said:
I was walking through a flea market yesterday and an elderly lady had a radio playing the Rolling Stones while she was setting up her booth. I thought to myself, isn't she a little too old for that but then I caught myself and remembered that The Stones are probably older than this woman.
I have a feeling that that elderly lady was probably my age! LOL! Anyway, I loved that video and the people in it are young at heart!!!

I remember about 25 years ago thinking that it was going to be cool when we were all in nursing homes and The Stones were blaring in the common area.

Heck, if I'm lucky maybe they will be playing in the common area!

Sounds good! Mick usually goes walking with me and he gets me going!!!

Dreamer said:
Sounds good! Mick usually goes walking with me and he gets me going!!!

A tad young - but ok for a kid. I preferred an older crowd - Ricky Nelson, Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent, and of course:

BUDDY HOLLEY!

heh heh heh heh - harumph!!! - no good music since the Beach Boys :D. :D. :LOL:. :LOL:.

Thanks again for the curmudgeon certificate - sqeeeee.

"I don't like that surfin' s---! Rock and roll's been goin' downhill ever since Buddy Holly died!"

-John "American Graffiti"

calmloki said:
My source for things musical suggests Dylan as the quotee.

I'm pretty sure the Stones said it - because I remember people ribbing them about it when they turned 30. But they could've been quoting Dylan. Pretty much everybody did in those days. He had a lot of good stuff to say.

Back
Top Bottom