Name your dream (or preferred) Acoustic or Electric Guitar (or any instrument)

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I currently have a Larrivee acoustic (D3). It is pretty nice at a decent price.

I have been toying with the idea of buying a Taylor Acoustic with electric pickups. I am thinking about the 414ce. It is a bit pricey. But it is nice. Along with an acoustic amp, the price is about $2k guitar a decent amp is about $1k.

Taylor Guitars – 414ce

Have you ever played a T5. It is a hollow-body electric... but it is really nice (but I think they are about $2.5k starting price)

Taylor Guitars | T5 Standard Electric Guitar

Anyway. What is your

I have a nice washburn acoustic that I need to play more often.

Sister has an old acoustic 1970 Gibson that still sounds fantastic, plus she plays a whole lot better than I.

Well, it's been about 25yrs since I did any serious guitar shopping, but I remember that at the time, the Ovations were nice sounding when played through an amp. They had piezo-electric pickups (pick up vibrations directly from the strings).

Ovation Guitars

Of course, guitar selection is very personal, you may hate these. Have fun!

-ERD50

I'd love to have a Steinway baby grand in my living room. But it would be REALLY expensive--besides the price of the piano, I'd need to buy a bigger house!

I'd love to have a Steinway baby grand in my living room. But it would be REALLY expensive--besides the price of the piano, I'd need to buy a bigger house!

My stepmom has one in the living room, a 1942 Steinway with ivory keys............:eek::eek::eek:

my buddies old Gibson ... cost a ton (?) when we played in the basement 40 years ago.... what a great instrument.

Strumstick. Three strings, diatonic, tuned G-C-G'. No wrong notes (some less good than others). Can be finger-picked by the well-coordinated, while the rest of us strum. Reminds me of the love child of an illicit affair between a dulcimer and a broom. Cheap, rugged, portable. Can be re-tuned for blues, etc.:rant:

I have a Martin D-35. Not an especially old one, I bought it new in 1992, & it sure sounds sweet. Or at least it did back when I played every day. It's been awhile....

Strumstick. Three strings, diatonic, tuned G-C-G'. No wrong notes (some less good than others). Can be finger-picked by the well-coordinated, while the rest of us strum. Reminds me of the love child of an illicit affair between a dulcimer and a broom. Cheap, rugged, portable. Can be re-tuned for blues, etc.:rant:

An odd looking thing. I suspect it is easier to learn. It looks a bit simpler to make chords. Plus fewer finger involved so the mechanics of getting your finger coordinated are probably a little easier than a 6 string Guitar.

A modded Hammond B3 with tube amp and Leslie Speaker. A guy north of Chicago was famous for modding them, Harrington.

-ERD50

I actually have my dream acoustic guitar, which is a Martin D-28. For the longest time I actually wanted the HD-28, but eventually realized that the classic D-28 is perfect for me.

Currently have a Taylor 814 CE and an Amercian Strat. Have had many throughout the years, Martin D-28, 42, Les Pauls, PRSs, to name a few.

DD has a Les Paul Studio Guitar in classic white. She earned the money for it herself after she bought a Washburn acoustic.

I'd love to have a baby grand. And an open-hole flute with gold accents.

Not that I could play them anymore...

RE: Minimoog - I met Bob Moog a few years before he died - he also demonstrated a Theramin at the Smithsonian.

mh - stick videos - nice, thanks. Great choice for a tune also, I forget how many versions of that recording I have, all great (Jeff Beck w Jan Hammer? Joni, ?)

spncty - I also met Bob Moog at that same NAMM show I saw Emmett Chapman - man, these are good memories. I got a picture somewhere of me standing next to Emerson's wall-sized multi-module Moog set up. No Kieth though.

-ERD50

Version of GPPH on Stanley Clarke and Friends "Live at the Greek...

Saw ELP in 1971; one of the best concerts ever! Not bad for a three-man-band...

I currently have a Larrivee acoustic (D3). It is pretty nice at a decent price.

Anyway. What is your

I also purchased a Larrivee D-03 way back for my girlfriend and I think it was a good guitar. Nice construction, beautiful tone.

My own ideal guitar? A $79 Strat Squire, of course -- hot rodded up using knowledge shared for free among internet sources. A true Bogle-head decision, IMHO!

Wiring details:
GuitarNuts.com - Shielding a Tele(tm)

Other mods and tips:
Strat Tips

Floating tremolo vs hardtail:
Strat 5
Tremconverter at Stewart-MacDonald

Back
Top Bottom