Name your Favorite Fish, Fowl, or Meat

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I prefer beef steak. My favorite is Rib-eye with the bone in... Sear the outside and cooked to medium

DW prefers Filet Mignon.

I am also partial to lobster. Lay on the clarified butter.

:smitten:The perfect surf and turf.

Come to think of it... I could have quite a list of favorites :D

Attachments

• PCB2000.jpg
    PCB2000.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
Ribeye or filet
Fresh cedar planked salmon,scallops
Fried chicken . Wish I had some southern in me. I cant make it worth a damn.

Ya i got a ton of favorites too.

Southern style BBQ ribs.
Pan fried Trout,freshly caught.
Buffalo style chicken wings. or General Tao's
All go well with a cold beer.

I am almost a vegetarian. I gladly succumb to bacon. Really.

Mike D.

Bacon-wrapped filet mignon... cooked medium-rare. Now THAT is good.

Charlotte

Standing rib roast (warm in the middle).

The back of a roast chicken.

Grilled salmon.

Fresh, huge, succulent Louisiana shrimp!! :D :cool: ;)

(OK - - "fish, fowl, or meat"; shrimp are "shell-fish" so that is my rationale)

Chicken...dipped in egg and coated with a mixture of crushed corn flakes, pecans and self rising flour. Fried to a golden brown in hot oil...using a cast iron skillet of course. My specialty. :cool:

...oh yeah, thick milk gravy on the side..........;)

Fresh, huge, succulent Louisiana shrimp!! :D :cool: ;)

(OK - - "fish, fowl, or meat"; shrimp are "shell-fish" so that is my rationale)

Pascal's Manales style barbequed shrimp. But I'm working on KC strip(steak) and various forms of Kansas City BBQ.

Cholesterol 240 - yikes! Never been above 180 before. And don't ask about the good cholesterol.

heh heh heh - :( Crap, I hate nuts and twigs.

Pascal's Manales style barbequed shrimp. But I'm working on KC strip(steak) and various forms of Kansas City BBQ.

Cholesterol 240 - yikes! Never been above 180 before. And don't ask about the good cholesterol.

Mine was about that high, too. Could it be a side effect of our lifestyle here? :2funny:

So, I take cholesterol meds, exercise, eat healthy foods MOST of the time (except on weekends), and then for about a week before the blood tests I avoid shrimp (!! I know - - such deprivation!) and eggs. That seems to make my doctor happy with the numbers.

LOVE those fresh Louisiana shrimp. :D

Shrimp and grits with red-eye gravy.
Country fried steak
Real fried chicken
Rare ribeye steak on the grill

And for easy and cheap (and healthier than the above), you can't beat a london broil in the crockpot with some onion gravy mix and water--roast beef sandwiches for days!

We are big fish eaters, my favourite being grilled salmon that I have marinated in my homemade soy-orange marinade.

Pot Roast. Really.
Salmon broiled with lemon butter sauce.
Fried chicken. Homemade and double dipped. Best eaten cold, washed down with a Yuengling.

Oh dear goodness theres no easy favorite...

A couple of suggestions...

Anything wrapped in bacon although a scallop or snippet of tenderloin are delish. A really well cooked piece of duck, either tea smoked or in the Peking style with very crispy skin. A lot of places in the northeast deep fry little lobster tails and serve them with butter and there is nothing better than a basket of those. Real fried clams with bellies. A rib eye thats been marinated in garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and then grilled and dunked in herb butter just before serving. Well rubbed and long smoked ribs with a home made bbq sauce.

I think those are all bobbing at the top of the barrel...

Take a pill. Problem solved. My favorite is a filet mignon. Of course I like fried chicken, fried shrimp, fried catfish, fried oysters, etc...... Can you tell I'm from the south? :D

Pork baby back ribs, slow cooked on the grill for about 3 hours after a rub of seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper. I coat 'em with a homemade BBQ sauce for the last 15 minutes. Mmmmmm.......heaven on a bone:smitten:

Back
Top Bottom