NBC News - Mardi Gras: America's best party

But take a short drive out of the french quarter and see the Katrina destruction 2+ years later and gettin wasted downtown should make anyone who goes guilty as you know what!

But take a short drive out of the french quarter and see the Katrina destruction 2+ years later and gettin wasted downtown should make anyone who goes guilty as you know what!

Why would you rebuild in an area that will be under water in the future due to Global Warming - sea levels rising etc?

Why would you rebuild in an area that will be under water in the future due to Global Warming - sea levels rising etc?

Not saying rebuild, but clean up, rework the wetlands make them what they used to be. Better we should let it rot in the hot sun as it is today. By the way the french quarter in a cat 5 direct hit would be a gonner.

Not saying rebuild, but clean up, rework the wetlands make them what they used to be. Better we should let it rot in the hot sun as it is today. By the way the french quarter in a cat 5 direct hit would be a gonner.

Based on the long sordid history of crooked Louisiana politicians, Uncle Sam has not been generous and will not be going forward.

I heard they need something like $30 billion to rebuild all the levees and wetlands, and the feds aren't going to give them it............:eek:

I heard they need something like $30 billion to rebuild all the levees and wetlands, and the feds aren't going to give them it............:eek:

I should hope not! Dumb, dumb, and dumber to rebuild anything there.

If some people don't have any better sense than to build in an area below sea level they should assume the risk and pay the price when the inevitable happens.

I agree with that idea.

Back
Top Bottom