NCAA tournament

Let's not forget the ladies NC game tonight..... Mississippi State vs Notre Dame. Both semi-final games went into OT and very entertaining. I admit, I normally would not be interested but since I'm a State grad I'm watching. Made it to the final game last year by beating Uconn in the semis but then lost to SC. Notre Dame looks like a tough final game too but rather play them than Uconn. But playing the catholics on Easter Sunday.....:facepalm:

Pretty interesting, I ended up in third just by having one team make it to the finals. I would have thought it would have taken more than that, especially after my winner lost in the first round.

I'm rooting for 'Nova mainly because Jim Harbaugh coaches at Michigan.

Pretty interesting, I ended up in third just by having one team make it to the finals. I would have thought it would have taken more than that, especially after my winner lost in the first round.
I have the same and am in 7th. All those early rounds paid off for you.

Let's not forget the ladies NC game tonight..... Mississippi State vs Notre Dame. Both semi-final games went into OT and very entertaining. I admit, I normally would not be interested but since I'm a State grad I'm watching. Made it to the final game last year by beating Uconn in the semis but then lost to SC. Notre Dame looks like a tough final game too but rather play them than Uconn. But playing the catholics on Easter Sunday.....:facepalm:
The women's game has improved so much over the last 10 years or so. I think if it got some regular tv time it would zoom in popularity.
I'm rooting for both the mens and womens Catholic teams this year. Lol

Both semifinal games were amazing. I'm cheering for State tonight, but both teams are great. Kids wanting to learn how basketball should be played, how teams should work together, and the key role of well-executed fundamentals should turn off the NBA and watch how these ladies play the game. And many in the NBA could learn something by watching how these women conduct themselves in press interviews.

I was not in this group, but on my Yahoo game I finished with 82 points... so I would be tied for second now and for sure third....

Kinda surprising as the left side of my bracket was decimated... I picked Virginia to win the whole thing and they were the 1st #1 team to ever lose!!!

The right side I was really good... lost a total of 5 games... (vs 18 on the other side)....

What a game! Congrats ND!

Too bad that the ESPN signal so poor/choppy.... was it that way for anyone else?

That had to be the ugliest game I have ever seen. State couldn't make a layup or a free throw. Deserved to lose.

That had to be the ugliest game I have ever seen. State couldn't make a layup or a free throw. Deserved to lose.
I didn't see the game, I just tracked the scores. At the half, I was amazed how well State had contained Notre Dame. I can only imagine how the second half must have looked. Well, both teams had a great season overall.

State could have and should have fouled in the last three seconds. They had one to give. Then, they could have lost in over-time.

Great run, Michigan! But 3-23 from 3's don't get it done. If they go 13-23...

Congrats to NovaNation.

2nd place for me (reoccurring theme in my life) not a bad place to be...
Congrats to WMC1000 for winning. My pick of Michigan was just a WAG.
And thanks to GravitySucks for setting up the pool.
About the only thing I miss most about w*rk was shooting the bull with the guys
and this place (and other forums I frequent) kind of help fill the void.

Last edited:
Thanks dirt_dobber! My results were pure guesswork also as shown by a lot of my other choices along the way. I will have to frame the results as it is the first time I ever won in one of these games! My thanks also to GravitySucks and those who played along.

Last edited:
Both semifinal games were amazing. I'm cheering for State tonight, but both teams are great. Kids wanting to learn how basketball should be played, how teams should work together, and the key role of well-executed fundamentals should turn off the NBA and watch how these ladies play the game. And many in the NBA could learn something by watching how these women conduct themselves in press interviews.

Very well put. I actually think the college guys do OK in the interviews too. The NBA needs to dictate terms of the press conference like NCAA does.

Yeah. I love the game, watch a lot of WBB so I'm not surprised. Both sides missed a ton of layups. ND scored THREE puts in 2nd qtr, but the game was exciting at the end. Overall the women's FF was more fun to watch than the men. I had a hard time not rooting for MS but just wanted a good game. I hope they bounce back from consecutive losses.

That was a fun tourney.
Big upsets. Great Cinderella run. And a team that stood at the top of the standings a good stretch of the season persevering.
Can't wait till next season.

I would have been tied for second with the people here.....

BUT, I was looking at the guy who won the Yahoo game... he had ALL FOUR final 4 teams and correctly picked the winners for those games!!!

The guy who won the ESPN tourney had the same thing. You could click on his ID and see his other entries. I think he had 15 of them. I couldn't have done that well with 15 entries, but it's not like he nailed it on one shot.

Back
Top Bottom