Netflix UHD Plan

txtig

Full time employment: Posting here.
I just had to replace the TV in my living room, which is the main place that we watch TV. Bought a 4K LED TV, since basically all of the TV’s on the market are now 4K. Now, I see that the Netflix plan I’m on (Standard HD) doesn’t support 4K and that I need to upgrade to the Netflix UHD Plan to get 4K content. I was wondering if anyone else subscribes to this premium service and whether you can even tell the difference. It’s only an extra $3/month, but why waste that if it’s not even noticeable.

There is not a lot of 4K content, but yes we upgraded and noticed the difference, although the regular HD stuff also looks good.

We bought a standard 4K and didn't upgrade Netflix. When the bedroom TV went out, we moved that one and replaced the main TV with a UHD Roku TV and decided to spend the extra money to upgrade Netflix. It's better but honestly I'm not sure unless you put them side by side that I could tell the difference. For the time being, I'm OK with spending the few extra bucks.

My 91 year old father bought a 4K TV. I really only noticed a difference when watching nature programs with lots of actions and colors. Maybe things like Avatar or sports would also show a difference but a run of the mill mystery or comedy movie would not show much.

I would think that most people in the "over 55" age range would not have the necessary visual acuity to see the "actual high def" on an HD monitor/tv. You probably need the "eyes of a twenty something" to truly appreciate the difference.

I would think that most people in the "over 55" age range would not have the necessary visual acuity to see the "actual high def" on an HD monitor/tv. You probably need the "eyes of a twenty something" to truly appreciate the difference.

Nope. Our 4K TV is 65 inches wide. I can even see the pixels if I get close enough.

Yes, we can see the difference.

Vision is easily corrected anyway.

We notice the difference too. I think it’s pretty significant myself.

I had the UHD Netflix plan for awhile but didn't notice a significant difference. A little tho. And as others have said, not a ton of content with it.

We notice the difference too. I think it’s pretty significant myself.
Our AppleTV does a really nice job of uprezing the HD content, so that stuff looks really good too.

But we can tell the difference with the UHD content - although only a few shows we watch have been shot in 4K. Amazon has some as well as Netflix.

But you can find some incredible nature footage in 4K - and wow, it's really something!

Our AppleTV does a really nice job of uprezing the HD content, so that stuff looks really good too.

But we can tell the difference with the UHD content - although only a few shows we watch have been shot in 4K. Amazon has some as well as Netflix.

But you can find some incredible nature footage in 4K - and wow, it's really something!

+1 on the 4k Apple TV. I have one I got for 'free' (3 month DirectTVNow deal) which I use to stream to a circa 2009 Panasonic S series plasma and the picture is stunning as compared to my other streaming solutions (Roku 2, old Fire Stick - both streaming to a Visio LCD).

I watched the Netflix UHD on my son’s 4K tv and didn’t really notice any difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom