New movies you've seen before - Hollywood looking out to Bollywood

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I saw "Slumdog Millionaire" and thought it was a good movie - I haven't said that about a movie for a long time. So I say it is worth your money. The theater was packed and no one made a sound, even during the credits; which you should watch.
It did use the "Usual Suspects" method of telling the story but that was good also.

I didn't see "Benjamin Button" but from the video below; I may have. Comparing the two I think it shows the problems with Hollywood - lack of imagination, repetition and the inability to tell a good story. This is another industry that will be losing out to imports like the auto industry.

The Curious Case of Forrest Gump from FGump44

Well, when I pass the theater complexes around here, they have 6 or more films showing at once. I'm not surprised they would run out of original ideas.

I also don't think people care that much. They seem to be entertained by moving pictures on a screen (slight exaggeration). Maybe that's why I'm not much of a movie goer.

DW enjoys movies, if I happen to watch one with her, I'll invariably say "this is just like xyz movie", and she insists they are not anything alike. 99% of the time I can predict the next scene, and she is sometimes surprised by that, esp because I watch so few movies.

The end scene in "The Sixth Sense" ( "I see dead people") caught me totally off guard - she got that before I did.

-ERD50

I have seen several movies lately. I saw Gran Torino, which was wonderful but sad.

On DVD this weekend my friends and I saw Darjeeling Limited. Horrible horrible. I love movies with India in the movie and I love Indian music. It even failed to give a flavor of India. The characters were all immature idiots.

We also saw the movie Lars and the Real Girl, set in Minnesota but filmed in Ontario. I loved this movie. My summary: it takes a village to cure a delusional young man and to accept his girlfriend, a sex doll ordered over the internet.

Back
Top Bottom