New NFL season

Great games this weekend. Steelers took it to the Cowboys and the Eagles upset the Giants :)

I need to stop talking up the Saint's .

Yes you do...... Orton vs Brees Thursday night in Chicago. Purdue vs Purdue.

Here's our weather forecast for Thursday......

Snow showers at times. Highs in the mid teens and lows in the upper single digits.

Should be a nice outdoor stadium game! ;)

Great games this weekend. Steelers took it to the Cowboys and the Eagles upset the Giants :)

Yes, a good one. To quote coach Tomlin: "It was a beautiful game".
The way those Cowboys were getting injured, I didn't think that they brought enough players with them to complete the game.

Free

I thought I'd revive the thread to show how the bookies' pre-season picks fared. Highlighted teams made the playoffs:

New England Patriots 7-2
San Diego Chargers 8-1
Dallas Cowboys 9-1
Indianapolis Colts 10-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 16-1
New Orleans Saints 25-1
Minnesota Vikings 25-1
New York Giants 25-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 30-1
Philadelphia Eagles 33-1

Seattle Seahawks 33-1
Green Bay Packers 33-1
Cleveland Browns 40-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 45-1
Denver Broncos 50-1
Carolina Panthers 50-1
Tennessee Titans 60-1

New York Jets 66-1
Washington Redskins 66-1
Cincinnati Bengals 70-1
Chicago Bears 80-1
Arizona Cardinals 90-1
Houston Texans 100-1
Buffalo Bills 100-1
Baltimore Ravens 125-1
Detroit Lions 125-1
San Francisco 49ers 125-1
St. Louis Rams 125-1
Oakland Raiders 125-1
Kansas City Chiefs 200-1
Miami Dolphins 200-1
Atlanta Falcons 225-1

Ravens at 125-1 was simply ridiculous; even with the offensive question marks entering the season, the defense was WAY to good to justify those odds.

Good games next weekend. Steelers vs Chargers, Titans vs Ratbirds..as for the NFC bleh who cares.. ;)

Good games next weekend. Steelers vs Chargers, Titans vs Ratbirds..as for the NFC bleh who cares.. ;)
I will stand up for the NFC. I guess I will root for the Giants and the Cardinals (since I live here). I suspect Carolina will win though.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Great game! Bring on the birds!

Pa Superbowl?

Free

Great game! Bring on the birds!

Pa Superbowl?

Free

glad they shut the Chargers up. Ravens are next. Superbowl bound. Eagles and Steelers that would be great!

Pick the Steelers and Eagles in the Superbowl. I'm hoping that McNabb finally gets his ring.

Bring back the Steagle's (last seen in 1943)

Attachments

• steegal.bmp
    750.1 KB · Views: 6
Pick the Steelers and Eagles in the Superbowl. I'm hoping that McNabb finally gets his ring.

You are with the oddsamkers on this. Eagles are -3 1/2; Ravens -5.5 to -6 depending on the book.

I would take the Ravens with those six points. They might make some teeth rattle.

Ha

You are with the oddsamkers on this. Eagles are -3 1/2; Ravens -5.5 to -6 depending on the book.

I would take the Ravens with those six points. They might make some teeth rattle.

Ha

The smart money would take the Ratbirds and 6.

However, perhaps you did not figure in the effect of the "Terrible Towl".
If you have any doubt of the Towel's power, ponder why the Titans although heavily favored, they did not continue in the playoffs.

I'm hoping it will be a little more like the Steelers winning by 24 to 0.

Go Steelers!

Free

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/_photos/2006-01-27-in-steelers-rall.jpg

couple of great games so far...Won a few buck on the AZ game. Didnt bet on this steelers game, although i feel pitts should pull it out

go browns

Back
Top Bottom