New squawk box?

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anyone a regular squawk box watcher?

After a week of their new format, I went back to watching bloomberg.

I like the old setup. I found the following problems with the new setup:

- Breaking the crowd into two separate groups and splitting the show is a disaster. A number of these folks (let me see how I can put this kindly) were good when they only had to say a few things here and there. Ok, I cant be kind. Several of them dont know what they're talking about and whats cute and/or folksy in small volumes is highly annoying in large sustained doses.

- Broadcasting from the floor of the NYSE doesnt appear to be adding anything at all to the show, as far as I can see, but it sure is adding a lot of distraction.

- The new "3d displays" are also more of a detraction. Does anyone really need the hundreths of a second display spinning on the time, which immediately draws the eye? How about the spinning graphics if the chart isnt of an individual stock? The strong green crosshatches and NBC logo on all the chart backgrounds overwhelms the foreground data. And rotating the whole chart back and forth on an imaginary axis makes me queasy after 3-4 charts.

- At least they fixed the problem of running all the index and price tickers right at the top of the screen, where all my 16x9 widescreen high def sets cut it off after scaling the picture.

- They seem to have dropped the guest analyst that used to sit in on the whole show, usually either a CEO or a major fund manager, and they appear to have fewer CEO/analyst interviews. That eliminates a lot of the stuff that used to make me laugh and shoot milk out of my nose.

- The morning show appears to have no true "anchor" and the one hour "on the street" seems overanchored.

Looks like someone had what they thought were a lot of "great ideas" to make the show "cooler". Definitely didnt work for me at all.

I went back to Bloomberg a good while ago. They just get to the news and leave off most of the silly crap. I only watch about 15-20 minutes before work anyway which is enough financial news for me.

D'accord,moi aussie, plus Bloomberg gives me coverage of the TSE.

Cramer grates.

Yeah, I see he's throwing chairs and stuff around now, the yelling apparently wasnt working to make the stocks he liked go up... ::)

Back
Top Bottom