NFL: 2014 Season

It's still early in the season and already every team has had at least one loss. No chance for a perfect season for any team this year.

It's called parity in the NFL. Either that or the refs are hosing the teams equally :facepalm:

It's called parity in the NFL. Either that or the refs are hosing the teams equally :facepalm:

I'm not sure if the Jacksonville Jaguars or Oakland Raiders would agree that there is parity in the NFL but I would agree that there sure have been a lot of bad calls this year. I wonder if the refs review their "calls" after the game in an effort to improve....

Last edited:
Well, if anyone still doesn't think Russell Wilson is an elite QB, last night should have finally put that question to rest. Horrible offensive line play, and he still puts the team on his back and performs magic.

Yeah, his QB play LOOKS DIFFERENT than the prototypical pocket passer - but Wilson performs his style of quarterbacking at an ELITE level. RG3 would do well do learn from DangeRuss. :)

Hopefully, the Seahawks have learned a cheap lesson. Had they been playing a team that needed a late season victory to get into the playoffs, well......

...snip...

I wonder if the refs review their "calls" after the game in an effort to improve....

The NFL does(I know I know). A recent example, 15 yard penelty for prayer in the KC vs. NE week 3 game. Maybe because the celebration was a religious ritual made the NFL comment, or they're desperate to change their image.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11616422&src=desktop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Well, if anyone still doesn't think Russell Wilson is an elite QB, last night should have finally put that question to rest. Horrible offensive line play, and he still puts the team on his back and performs magic.... :)
Best tweet of the night re: #SEAvsWAS: "Russell Wilson is so good he makes me wanna take the Lord's name in vain!"

Seahawks' mantra: "It's not the stats. It's the win."

NFL Power Rankings: Week #6

Last edited:
Well, if anyone still doesn't think Russell Wilson is an elite QB, last night should have finally put that question to rest. Horrible offensive line play, and he still puts the team on his back and performs magic.

Yeah, his QB play LOOKS DIFFERENT than the prototypical pocket passer - but Wilson performs his style of quarterbacking at an ELITE level. RG3 would do well do learn from DangeRuss. :)

I might buy that if he was playing a team at a skill level higher than Div 1 High School. The Redskins suck this year. They'll probably end up changing their name out of shame, as opposed to political correctness.

You mean like the Denver Broncos?

Maybe I should have been more specific. A team with a defense.

I'm not saying Wilson isn't good. But he ran for 122 yds. As a quarterback. That's not because he's Bo Jackson, it's because they're the Redskins. The score was only close because the 'hawks committed so many penalties.

Hey, I'm not saying they (the defending champs) and he (Wilson) aren't good. Just that you can't make any judgements based on playing the Skins.

Russel Wilson...nothing flashy, but wins and seldom turns to ball over. Ummm.. can anyone say he plays like Joe Montana?

The Colts and the Texans play tonight in a divisional game and they both have 3 and 2 records. I hope both teams show up with their A games.

BzhgnHnIYAAtuBw.jpg

I haven't forgotten the Colts' midnight creep out of Baltimore.

Maybe "Luck" will be on Houston's side tonight:LOL: Then again, maybe not...

His father (Oliver) was a QB for Houston (Oilers) back in the 80's

Last edited:
The Colts and the Texans play tonight in a divisional game and they both have 3 and 2 records. I hope both teams show up with their A games.

Well they both showed up with their A games. Unfortunately, Houston didn't use their A game until the second half.

I haven't forgotten the Colts' midnight creep out of Baltimore.

Yes, the reason I had to turn to Fantasy Football to remain connected to the game. That and rooting against the new Colts. Along with my lifetime of rooting against the Redskins. Now when they play each other I have to hope for a 0 - 0 tie.

Well they both showed up with their A games. Unfortunately, Houston didn't use their A game until the second half.

To use an old Tom Landry saying, when asked by a reporter, on why Dallas lost a game...."we didn't really lose, we just ran out of time".:D

To use an old Tom Landry saying, when asked by a reporter, on why Dallas lost a game...."we didn't really lose, we just ran out of time".:D

I'm not sure what happened in the Texan locker room during half time, but whatever they ate, drank, smoked or heard, they need to eat, drink, smoke or hear it before the game starts next time. How can the same team be so dramatically different between the first and second half. :confused: Of course those of us that have followed the Texans over the years have grown accustom to this.

I think the Colts may have backed off somewhat in the second half (or maybe they were just exhausted from all the end zone running in the first quarter:LOL:)

I'm not sure what happened in the Texan locker room during half time, but whatever they ate, drank, smoked or heard, they need to eat, drink, smoke or hear it before the game starts next time. How can the same team be so dramatically different between the first and second half. :confused: Of course those of us that have followed the Texans over the years have grown accustom to this.

I think the Colts may have backed off somewhat in the second half (or maybe they were just exhausted from all the end zone running in the first quarter:LOL:)

They need to quit watching the Astros and Rockets and eat more Wheaties!

Isn't this known as making adjustments? That said, I have always wondered why coaching staffs need to wait until half time to make such adjustments:facepalm:

Cowboys turn Seattle Seahawks into parakeets!

Cowboys turn Seattle Seahawks into parakeets!

Awesome game. I don't think anyone could have beat the Cowboys today. The Seahawks were very lucky they only lost by 7 considering the turnovers.

Back
Top Bottom