Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Broncos took the Chiefs last night as I expected $$$. Mistakes were made on both sides but is was an interesting and entertaining game. Manning seemed to do pretty well for an old man, once he warmed up.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #122
Give me a forum ...

Seahawks are now 0-2. Who'd have thunk it? Good news though... they face the Bears next weekend.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #123
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Seahawks are now 0-2. Who'd have thunk it? Good news though... they face the Bears next weekend.
Double ouch! But there's a lot more football to play this season. Go Hawks!
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:20 AM   #124
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
I will say that there's no way the Cowboys are going 12-4 again. The running game wont be as good. The defense is missing a few key players. Sean Lee will be hurt by game 6.
You misspelled "Tony Romo".
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #125
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Do they even have to show up for that game? It should just be a gimme.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:46 AM   #126
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
Do they even have to show up for that game? It should just be a gimme.

Look at who won and who lost yesterday. I don't think anything is a gimme right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
FI by 2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:10 AM   #127

Quote:
I posted here about a year ago that the beginning of the end was here for Seattle. The reason was this: Every team pays a massive percentage of their salary cap figure to their QB. Its something like 15-20%. This leaves them with the rest of the salary cap amount to pay the entire rest of the team. If you dont pay that much to your QB its because your QB stinks and you cant win with a lousy QB

The thing is that Seattle became dominant because they have a really good QB but they werent paying him any money. He was the lowest paid QB in the NFL leaving them a massive amount of money to pay the rest of their team. They built an incredible defense with that money.

The beginning of the end of dominance came when they had to finally pay Russell Wilson a huge amount of money which they just did. The problems began immediately. Now they cant pay Kam Chancellor what he believes hes worth because they dont have the money. Chancellor is being a big baby but thats anther story. Over the next couple years they will lose more star players as their contracts expire and they cant pay them. Its inevitable. I believe they already lost a player or two. They have no money to sign any real WRs.

They also made a bad trade for Jimmy Graham. They are primarily a running team and traded a great center (and a first round pick that they couldve used on a WR) for Graham. They dont even throw the ball to Graham and they have damaged their running game.

So, actually I saw this coming and won a lot of money on the game last night. They're still a great team. Just not a dominant team. Money rules in the NFL and you better know how to manage the salary cap.
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:58 AM   #128
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
After week 2, time already for the Bears to think about losing out and getting a good draft pick for next year.

Seahawks will definitely beat the Bears, despite looking lackluster most of the game against the Packers. Seahawks should have done more Russel mode instead of Beast mode.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #129

I'm a Cowboy fan, but did you see that awful game yesterday? A win is a win, but da Boys didn't look like playoff contenders. The Eagles look worse.

Now Romo and Bryant are out for a while. It will probably be a long season, one in which we thought we had a division winner. Not now.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:21 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle43 View Post
I'm a Cowboy fan, but did you see that awful game yesterday? A win is a win, but da Boys didn't look like playoff contenders. The Eagles look worse.

Now Romo and Bryant are out for a while. It will probably be a long season, one in which we thought we had a division winner. Not now.

That division is sooooo bad that the Cowboys could actually still win it. I thought the Eagles would be a 12-4 type team but Chip Kelly may have over Kellyized the team. He tried to retool everything and it looks like he went overboard. There is no team chemistry and there is no timing at all between Bradford and the fairly mediocre WR core. He let DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin go. 2 pro bowl WRs and now has a rookie and a 2nd year guy with a QB who has only played like 6 games the last 2 1/2 yrs. Talk about rust!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:25 AM   #131
gone traveling

Quote:

One of the worst played games I can recall. Romo and Dez are out, but I wouldn't write them off yet. Defense looks good and OL is still stout, but pass blocking could have been better. It will be interesting to see who Cowboys pickup as Weeden's backup (Tebow??) and who knows, Weeden might be effective.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 AM   #132
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
....Every team pays a massive percentage of their salary cap figure to their QB. Its something like 15-20%. This leaves them with the rest of the salary cap amount to pay the entire rest of the team. If you dont pay that much to your QB its because your QB stinks and you cant win with a lousy QB....
The Bears have a unique strategy on this... pay big money to a QB that stinks.... and they are finding out that you are correct...... you can't win with a lousy QB.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:43 AM   #133
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
...The Eagles look worse. ....
The Eagles look dreadful. From the little that I saw Bradford didn't seem bad and I have always thought he had great potential but there is only so much a QB can do when they hike the ball when you are looking the other way and receivers tip the ball to the defense.

It may be time for another reboot... from the top.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:02 AM   #134

Quote:
... The reason was this: Every team pays a massive percentage of their salary cap figure to their QB. Its something like 15-20%. This leaves them with the rest of the salary cap amount to pay the entire rest of the team.
Unless you're The PATS with a hall of fame QB that is willing to play for substantially less than market value so the TEAM can afford to pay other players.
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #135
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
Unless you're The PATS with a hall of fame QB that is willing to play for substantially less than market value so the TEAM can afford to pay other players.
Indeed Quarterback Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

Though Brady is still the highest paid Patriot http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #136

I hope the Cardinals are for real. Yesterday's game against the Bears no real test.
Danmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:43 AM   #137

Quote:
That always helps, but hes still making a huge percentage of their salary cap space. Its not like hes making $1 million, which is about what Russell Wilson made last year.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #138

Oh well, wait till next season.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-3-saints-fans-3_4.jpg (52.5 KB, 5 views)
rbmrtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #139
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
As I mentioned before, it's much easier to take a pay cut if your supermodel wife is worth $400 million. None of these people should be struggling financially but most of them need to support a family for the next 50 years and are the sole breadwinner so they need to get what they can while they can.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #140
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmar View Post
I hope the Cardinals are for real. Yesterday's game against the Bears no real test.
Palmer has a great record with the Cardinals. If he can stay healthy, I think they the Cardinals are for real.