NFL: 2017 Season

I feel sorry for the Eagles, they looked like THE team in the NFC, and Wentz was having a fantastic season and becoming a true leader. But now he is out for the season with a torn ACL, so the NFC may be up for grabs. I do not know if Nick Foles will be able to take them to a Super Bowl.

It was a great weekend! Denver WON!!! They are out of the playoffs, so it was a little late, but a win is a win. (OK. It was against the Jets.)

I was hoping the Packers would have lost to the Browns. They will put Rodgers in harms way for a hope and a prayer. They have so many players down, no way they can compete with the top dogs. Might as well get some good draft picks for next year.

I feel sorry for the Eagles, they looked like THE team in the NFC, and Wentz was having a fantastic season and becoming a true leader. But now he is out for the season with a torn ACL, so the NFC may be up for grabs. I do not know if Nick Foles will be able to take them to a Super Bowl.

lol, we're officially in mourning in Philly. my sons are trying to figure out a way to harvest and donate their ACL. curse of Billy Penn

Well, color me shocked that the Rams are in the mix. And now with the Iggles wounded (not dead, I've seen Nick Foles do some excellent QB'ing) they might have a chance to make it to the Super Bowl. You never know.

Not a good night for Pats fans, lost to Miami and Cutler? The final score doesn’t show how lopsided the game was. Brady was 0 for 11 on 3rd down with two picks and lots of bad throws - huh? They better bring WAY more next week or the Steelers will crush them...

Last edited:
I was at the Texans game yesterday (Via free ticket). Between the waves of penalties and the time outs for TV COMMERCIAL BREAKS, it was like watching paint dry. You wouldn't believe how many people left early, and the stadium was only about 1/2 full to start with.

I have seen many pictures of half (or less) of the stadium seats occupied at kickoff. I have also heard stories of prime seats being sold for less than $20 at game time.

The NFL is in trouble with viewership and ratings, which means less money. Not so much now, but when the next TV contract comes due. Luckily the NFL just signed with Verizon for $2.5B. It makes me want to re-consider my Verizon contract, unless Verizon will charge extra for the NFL games - which I will definitely not buy.

I have quit watching (and betting on) football this year (except for the Cowboys games) but I do check on the scores. Cowboys won on Sunday, Texans lost Sunday, Patriots lost last night. Great week IMO.

Not a good night for Pats fans, lost to Miami and Cutler? The final score doesn’t show how lopsided the game was. Brady was 0 for 11 on 3rd down with two picks and lots of bad throws - huh? They better bring WAY more next week or the Steelers will crush them...

Although they won without Gronk last year, they had Edelman. It's difficult for them to win without both especially when the defense plays as poorly as it did making Cutler look like Dan Marino.

Last edited:
The NFL is in trouble with viewership and ratings, which means less money. Not so much now, but when the next TV contract comes due. Luckily the NFL just signed with Verizon for $2.5B. It makes me want to re-consider my Verizon contract, unless Verizon will charge extra for the NFL games - which I will definitely not buy.

The officiating is not that great, or maybe all those cameras and replay tech just make it easy to see that the officials are just human beings like the rest of us? IMHO, bad and missed calls are part of sports and good teams find a way to win.

That said, the real question is "Do I care?". More and more the answer is a resounding 'No'. The number of commercials and rah-rah promotional stuff is completely over the top. I am tired of it. Couple that with allowing the players to practice politics on the job (regardless of what their politics are), and I have lost interest in viewing or even keeping track of NFL football

Ticket prices are outrageious. A lousy seat would cost me $150 for the locals team's next game. And I do mean a LOUSY seat. It would be nice to be able to afford to take my family to just ONE game a year. But, they have priced me out of the market - thus, further dampening my interest.

My 2¢. We are all different.

Although they won without Gronk last year, they had Edelman. It's difficult for them to win without both especially when the defense plays as poorly as it did making Cutler looks like Dan Marino.
True, but not a good showing by Brady at all, lots of underthrown passes and outright misses.

Ticket prices are outrageious. A lousy seat would cost me $150 for the locals team's next game. And I do mean a LOUSY seat. It would be nice to be able to afford to take my family to just ONE game a year. But, they have priced me out of the market - thus, further dampening my interest.

My 2¢. We are all different.

Evidently, the tickets are almost free these days on some games. TV Viewership is way down. Attendance even lower.

You can get tickets for this Sunday’s game between the Washington Redskins and the Arizona Cardinals at FedEx Field for as little as $6 in the upper level sections of the stadium, according to prices posted on ticket website Stubhub.

https://wtop.com/washington-redskins/2017/12/see-redskins-cheap-tickets-low-6-saturdays-game/

Evidently, the tickets are almost free these days on some games. TV Viewership is way down. Attendance even lower.

Just checked for Pittsburgh vs Texans (next home game) and the cheapest I can see for 2 is $122.... it might be because of Pittsburgh though...

Yep... you can get tickets for the game at Indy for $6 per ticket!!! But Jacksonville is still over $60....

Just checked for Pittsburgh vs Texans (next home game) and the cheapest I can see for 2 is $122.... it might be because of Pittsburgh though...
They would have to pay me that much just to watch them on TV, and that may not be enough!

Last edited:
Texans 7, Jaguars 45..... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Texans 7, Jaguars 45..... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

One of my friends is tuning in his 4 - 50 yard line season tickets. He's hoping for a refund from the Texan management. I went to the game last week with him. Terrible team, getting worse. Blame the injuries, if you may.

One of my friends is tuning in his 4 - 50 yard line season tickets. He's hoping for a refund from the Texan management. I went to the game last week with him. Terrible team, getting worse. Blame the injuries, if you may.
Brock Oswiler had a carrer game Thursday.... Just sayin... :)

What a finish in the Steelers-Pats game. Again the rules seem to be getting in the way of the game some days. A nice catch, a stretch for the goal line and a touchdown becomes an incomplete pass and a crazy comeback by the Steelers after the comeback by the Pats goes for naught on a trick play that becomes a deflection and an interception that ends the game. Back in the day that was definitely a touchdown but that's the way it goes.

Steelers were not meant to win this game . They will win in the AFC championship game against the Pats. In Pittstown . watch what happens.

I was wondering about that. Don't the Pats now hold the tie breaker for home field based on the head to head win against Steelers. If they wind up tied?

Tuned in the game in the last few minutes and watched the craziness. The interception reminded me a lot of the Pats' interception against the Seahawks in the SB.

I thought one knee equals two feet for possession or not. I guess only for runners down or not.

I believe that is correct.... if the Pats and Steelers end the regular season with the best overall records in the AFC then the tiebreaker would be today's head-to-head matchup and the Pats would be the #1 seed in the AFC.

Back
Top Bottom