Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #321
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
The Pats are never really the underdogs.
Well, I know that but was trying to be polite.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #322
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayl View Post
The ball changed direction after hitting Edelman's arm. It should have been an interception. Balls do not change direction unless something causes them to change direction
Nobody else saw it that way... I didn't, the refs didn't, the commentators didn't, nor did the CBS expert.... it never hit his arm and it never changed direction.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56...target 65/35/0 AA TBD
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #323
Give me a forum ...

+1 but the plays are just too close for there not to be close calls.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #324
Give me a forum ...

It is really interesting that both games could have easily gone to the other team with a call going the right way or a lineman not being offside... neither would have gone into OT...

As someone in the media pointed out, NO could have run the ball and run the clock down to almost nothing and kicked the filed goal... but they passed... giving LA a lot of time to come back and tie it up...

KC lined up offside when the pass was intercepted.... if the stupid lineman had not, as he put it, 'had to see the ball' they would be going....

SOOO, it is not all on the blown call even though that was really a bad call...

BUT, I was watching the Rockets play a week or so ago and someone from GS ran out of bounds, took two step, hit the ball back inbounds and nothing was called... luckily Harden hit a 3 with a second or so left to win the game...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:02 PM   #325
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
..... Still, the killer to me was the guy that lined up off-sides on the interception play. That would have iced it.
Yeah, that offsides was the bonehead play of the weekend.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:46 AM   #326
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
You have to pull out all the stops against the Pats.
Including pointing laser beam at Brady to distract him. Very little coverage in the media on this. If this laser beam was shined on Patrick Mahomes at Gillette it would have been called "Lasergate" and the media outside of NE would have requested an FBI investigation......

Meanwhile laser beam or not they still win and move on to their 9th SB....

Go PATS.
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #327
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
Including pointing laser beam at Brady to distract him. Very little coverage in the media on this. If this laser beam was shined on Patrick Mahomes at Gillette it would have been called "Lasergate" and the media outside of NE would have requested an FBI investigation......

Meanwhile laser beam or not they still win and move on to their 9th SB....

Go PATS.
Sorry but that was all over the KC news and national. It's been pushed back after Bob Sutton was fired.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Sorry but that was all over the KC news and national. It's been pushed back after Bob Sutton was fired.
If this happened in NE no news would have pushed it back including the firing of a defensive coordinator. It would have front news on all national media outlets especially ESPN for days on end.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:05 PM   #329
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
If this happened in NE no news would have pushed it back including the firing of a defensive coordinator. It would have front news on all national media outlets especially ESPN for days on end.
Love or hate the Pats. Whether it's the head coach stealing signs or Brady in the deflate gate scandal. Once a crook always a crook.
Nick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick12 View Post
Love or hate the Pats. Whether it's the head coach stealing signs or Brady in the deflate gate scandal. Once a crook always a crook.
Jealous....

BTW they won 4 SBs after they stopped taping signs (supposedly) and 2 SBs when they played with fully inflated balls.....What a competitive advantage.

https://yourteamcheats.com/
Old 01-23-2019, 12:17 PM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
I suspect that the officials can probably afford their own eye exams after that missed call.
Isn't it ironic that the refs who blew the call that cost the Saints the game lived in California...
Old 01-23-2019, 12:19 PM   #332
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Perhaps you might look. There's a bunch of the same stories.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...versus-chiefs/

The wild AFC Championship Game between the*Chiefs*and the*Patriots*is taking a new twist in the wake of New England's 37-31 win that pushes the Pats into their sixth Super Bowl in nine years, with the NFL investigating whether or not a Chiefs fan was hitting*Tom Brady*with a laser pointer throughout some portion of the second half in Kansas City.
According to the Boston Herald, the NFL has confirmed the league's security office is "looking into the report of the laser beam" which was first reported by KMBC's William Joy on social media.*
Old 01-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #333

I'm boycotting the Super Bowl. I have Patriot Fatigue.

Old men and women sit in the shade of trees they planted long ago
SumDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:14 PM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDay View Post
I thought this might be the case with people outside of NE getting tired of seeing the Pats win until I saw the PATS/Chiefs national rating as the second most watched AFC championship game in 42 years.

Perhaps the national audience is watching in hopes to see them lose only to be disappointed....
Old 01-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #335
gone traveling

Will Be boycotting the SB , both championship games last week were tainted by the Ref's . Roger Goodell is paid 44Mil a year and we get what we got last Sunday . The big media loves this East coast against the West coast . For the next week we will hear how great Tommy is but never about the Edelman muffed punt or the made up hit on Tommy's head . We will hear about all the fires in California and how much the Rams mean to LA . In the end I think the Rams will win ...a feel good story for LA . NFL is turning to the WWF.

If you go back on my posts , I told you it would be Rams VS Pats. Not by any means an expert but watch this in the SB as was in last weekends AFC championship game when Gronk catches a pass he pushes off ALOT ! The announcers will make a statement " The ref's are letting them play today " almost a code to a push off that was missed . Watch the long Gronk pass last week pushing the cornerback to the ground .

I know ref's can't catch everything but it just seems ...Oh yea we met Big Bill when he coached our Browns, he was friendlier when he was losing LOL
Breedlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #336
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDay View Post
I have issues with the network and the control they choose to exercise over content. I didn't want to see what they aired in 2004; now they won't air something that they don't agree with?

Don't think DW will boycott, I will send a letter.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #337

Quote:
You have to pull out all the stops against the Pats. You never know what they are going to throw at you, like deflated footballs, tapes of your practices, etc.
LOL
Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #338
gone traveling

little bit of information on the Chiefs offsides call . In football from JR high through the pros there is a customary rule . Because teams now play such a spread offense the Linesman will go to the sideline and raise his arm . This marks where the ball is placed to avoid offsides . This is specifically for TE and edge linemen so they can step back before the play . In the KC game the lineman never raised his arm. He knew the lineman was over the line. Gift to the Pats
Breedlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #339
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedlove View Post
little bit of information on the Chiefs offsides call . In football from JR high through the pros there is a customary rule . Because teams now play such a spread offense the Linesman will go to the sideline and raise his arm . This marks where the ball is placed to avoid offsides . This is specifically for TE and edge linemen so they can step back before the play . In the KC game the lineman never raised his arm. He knew the lineman was over the line. Gift to the Pats
Andy Reid and Dee Ford didn’t see it the way you do. And neutral zone infractions happen all the time, are they all the officials fault? But hate on...

Bad calls are part of the game, and the refs and NFL want to do better. All teams have lucked out, and all teams have been burned. The Pats are no different all in all.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-up-offside/

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 30% bond funds / 20% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:03 PM   #340
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedlove View Post
WADR that is just a silly excuse... he was so far in the neutral zone that he could have clearly seen the ball... he was only 3-4 yards from it.... check this out... https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...224948575.html

Tags
2018, football, nfl, season