Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by target2019 View Post
Some of Foles' throws took me back to his connection with Alshon Jeffries on the Eagles. I'm glad he landed in CHI. Hope he gets another trophy and statue too.
Chicago's chances to make and go deeper in the playoffs just got a lot better.

He plays the QB position like a point guard in basketball, moving the ball all around .
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2020, 03:47 PM   #122
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
The next Super Bowl champs played last night. Mahomes and company never fail to put on a show! I am not a Chiefs fan, but Mahomes is amazing.
Agree. but New Orleans ranked 10th on that list, and behind Tennesee, Pittsburgh, New England and LA makes no sense to me.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:12 PM   #123
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Agree. but New Orleans ranked 10th on that list, and behind Tennesee, Pittsburgh, New England and LA makes no sense to me.
Now Tennessee might be in jeopardy, per NFL news release:
Quote:
The Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings are suspending team activities starting Tuesday because of a number of positive COVID-19 tests following their Sunday game.

Tennessee reported three new positive tests for players and five new positive tests for personnel, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo reported, per sources informed of the situation. The Vikings haven't had a reported positive test, but hosted the Titans Sunday, leading to their suspension of in-person activities as a precautionary measure. ...
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:58 PM   #124
Give me a forum ...

I think the next Super Bowl winner will be whoever has the highest percentage of healthy starters. The running back position is being decimated, and then there's Covid to deal with too. But even if they stay healthy, I doubt the Jets are going to win it.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #125
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
... But even if they stay healthy, I doubt the Jets are going to win it.
Perceptive glimpse of the obvious.... the Jets didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the Super Bowl to begin with... actually, they probably didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of even winning the AFC East.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #126
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie Num Nums View Post
Now Tennessee might be in jeopardy, per NFL news release:
If the Titans can't play this coming Sunday, I wonder how does this impact the rest of the teams and the NFL season. Will some teams just play fewer games? Will there be forfeiting?

Football doesn't have the luxury of playing double headers like baseball.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
If the Titans can't play this coming Sunday, I wonder how does this impact the rest of the teams and the NFL season. Will some teams just play fewer games? Will there be forfeiting?

I am not a mathematician or statistician, and perhaps it's much too early to be discussing this, but how would any such forfeits affect play-off tie-breaker stats, etc?
Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #128

Quote:

According to WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...d-outbreak-faq

Quote:
The Titans were scheduled to host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, but the NFL announced Wednesday that the game will be rescheduled for Monday or Tuesday “to allow additional time for further daily COVID-19 testing and to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel.”

Should the Titans-Steelers game become unplayable in Week 4, the NFL schedule does offer some room for maneuvering. The league could make Week 4 the bye week for both teams and reschedule the Tennessee-Pittsburgh game for Week 7, when Tennessee originally was supposed to have a bye and the Steelers were to face the Baltimore Ravens. Week 7 would then become the Ravens’ bye week. Baltimore could then face Pittsburgh in Week 8, which is the Steelers’ scheduled bye week. Also, playing Monday is a possibility for Titans-Steelers, and that would give the Titans one more day to practice.
Since this happened pretty early in the season, it seems like they have several paths that will allow them to get the whole season in.
cathy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:13 AM   #129
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
According to WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...d-outbreak-faq

Since this happened pretty early in the season, it seems like they have several paths that will allow them to get the whole season in.
Thanks for the article.

Yes, there's some wiggle room since early in the season as long as the postponements don't start piling up.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #130
Give me a forum ...

Looks like the game is currently postponed until Monday or Tuesday:

https://www.nfl.com/news/pittsburgh-...day-or-tuesday

Quote:
The NFL will delay the Week 4 bout between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tennessee Titans a day or two. It represents the first scheduled game altered by the COVID-19 pandemic.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Steelers and Titans is expected to be played either Monday or Tuesday, per a source informed of the decision.

The NFL later confirmed the decision to push the game. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told reporters WednesdaY there's a "strong possibility" the game will be played Monday.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #131
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollystomper View Post
Looks like the game is currently postponed until Monday or Tuesday:

Well... that did not last long... game is now postponed to later in the season, due to additional positive tests.

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-ti...onnel-test-pos
Old 10-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #132
Give me a forum ...

Cam Newton tested positive for Covid 19. Won't play on Sunday.

Quote:
The New England Patriots have placed quarterback Cam Newton on the COVID-19 reserve list, according to multiple reports.
The designation means a player has either tested positive for the coronavirus or has been in "close contact" with an infected person, but ESPN reported Newton did indeed test positive. He will not play Sunday in the Patriots' Week 4 game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer are the other quarterbacks on the Patriots' roster.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...st/3608214001/
Old 10-04-2020, 06:49 AM   #133
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Maybe the Texans should consider this option for all their upcoming games... Sure would be less embarrassing for them based on everything I've read about their first three games.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:56 AM   #134
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Cam Newton tested positive for Covid 19. Won't play on Sunday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...st/3608214001/
That’s some setback for the Pats, even more so for Newton trying to revive his career - after getting off to a decent start. We’ll see how this plays out...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:57 AM   #135
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
That’s some setback for the Pats, even more so for Newton trying to revive his career - after getting off to a decent start. We’ll see how this plays out...
Game already postponed ...
Quote:
New England quarterback Cam Newton tested positive for the novel coronavirus, and the NFL postponed the Patriots’ game at the Kansas City Chiefs that had been scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

The NFL announced Saturday that the Patriots-Chiefs game is now slated to be played Monday or Tuesday, and it attributed the postponement to positive coronavirus tests on both teams. It was the second NFL game scheduled for Sunday to be postponed, with this week’s outbreak on the Tennessee Titans having led to their game in Nashville against the Pittsburgh Steelers being pushed to Week 7.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...n-coronavirus/
Old 10-04-2020, 07:57 AM   #136

Have I missed something? Have all the NFL players and coaches and staff all sequestered and quarantined away from all other people? Because otherwise, how do they think they can do close-contact sports without spreading COVID through the whole league like wildfire?
dixonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #137
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Maybe the Texans should consider this option for all their upcoming games... Sure would be less embarrassing for them based on everything I've read about their first three games.
After today's game the answer to that will become clear. They are playing the Vikings and both have a 0-3 record. A lot of pressure on both teams to win today.
Beststash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 AM   #138

Quote:

They're going to play during what would have been their by week
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #139

Detroit -New Orleans game in jeopardy as a NO player tested positive on the plane ride to Detroit.
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #140
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonge View Post
Have I missed something? Have all the NFL players and coaches and staff all sequestered and quarantined away from all other people? Because otherwise, how do they think they can do close-contact sports without spreading COVID through the whole league like wildfire?
There is no bubble in the NFL.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-...on-11599762752
target2019 is offline   Reply With Quote